Home

DS or Zone?

SL_Ki-Adi-Mundi

Is it in the FAQ or something? An Interview? I know that Obi-Wan was supposed to have Dedicated Servers before it was cancelled, so I'm hoping for the best, but I just want to check with all of you. I'm feeling kind of lazy again and don't want to look it up myself. :p

The reason I ask, is that I just got done trying to have a good time with Jedi Knight on the Zone.

I re-installed JK yesterday, messed around with the SP, and had a few good saber battles last night. Apparently I caught the good crowd in one of their rare apperances.

Since I haven't played Jedi Knight in quite a few months, I was a bit rusty to start off. And it showed. But skill is easily regained if you ever had any. So by my 2nd game out of three last night, I was pretty hot again.

I tried to play again today. Emphasis on the word tried . When I wasn't getting ejected from the game for playing fair and winning, or hacking as they all called it, I was being riddiculed for having too much lag, or having not enough lag for the person to see me move around and other total BS. C'mon... haven't the Zoners heard of strafe yet? You can run faster, jump farther, and move sideways! It's just pitiful what has happened to Jedi Knight on the Zone.

I post this topic not fearing what will happen with JO is released, but what will happen a year and a half or two years after it's released. That's when Jedi Knight was just starting to make that downward plunge into the anarchy of the Zoners. Jedi Knight has been out for a little over FIVE years now, and look at the public gaming community. If it can be called a community. Sure there are certain bubbles of sentient beings who can take what happens in stride and move along without acting immature about it, but those pockets are shrinking and being infected with the evilness of the Zone and MS!!!!

Errr... yeah. Comments?

From the Official Outcast FAQ:

4.01 What kind of multiplayer server options will Jedi Outcast have?

Jedi Outcast players will be able to use the standard Quake III-type in-game browser to find games online, start their own servers for online play, and create private servers to play with friends/clans, etc. We are still in the development process and are investigating all server options. It's quite possible that additional gaming services, including the Zone, will be supported.

So, yes, dedicated servers will be available. Zone support is 'quite possible.'

Yes, Zone has lots of trolls. Gets tiresome. :bored:

But that will not stop the Outcast community from thriving, especially with dedicated servers. An in-game chat tool would do a lot to bring online Outcast gamers together. It doesn't have to be the Zone. It could even be an mIRC channel. I'm looking forward to it.

When i played JK on the Zone, lots of players were being lame or wack just by saying you were cheating when you were playing without them.

I remember this one game i was playing against KMF_Viper or something and i beated him with a 6-4 score we would go till five but with a 2 points difference, so it had to be 5-3 or 6-4 you know what i mean, and since he said he didn't lose to much he told me i cheated.

I don't claim to be the best player ever or even a elite (i was good tough, would have owned Darth Maul, Vader in a movie big time :D) but these kind of players made the JK section of the Zone lesser fun than it was at first, i mean i remember being a newbie blah blah blah blah...

*and it goes on and on, like a Duracel bunny)*

Archived