Home

Lightsaber look

nykel007

I don't want to put down LEC/Raven, they are doing a wonderful job but I must say when it come to the saber, it looks better in the E3 vid than in the new trailer. In E3, it looks like a saber from the movies. In the trailer it looks like a sword, too pointy for my taste. I hope it looks like a REAL saber in the final game.

I think it will most likely have a lot to do with the settings you choose. I thought they looked pretty good personally, but I guess its whatever floats your boat. Rest assured though, that mods will change anything in the game that you may not see satisfactory, I'm fairly confident that the lightsaber is soemthing that would be easily modded.

I think you're referring to the fact of how the lightsaber blurs... I personally like the new look better. If you look at the old videos compared to the new trailer, you can see all the animations that have been added over the past year. If you're going to mention the look of the saber, you can't leave out items like the combo moves and animations.

At this point, I can't wait to get the game and slice some of you up :saberb:

i think it looks WONDERFUL in this screen, i mean, seriously, i think i like this screen best of all, how he holds the saber, and how it looks! great!

now lets hope it shows up and not a link!

shot0070_big.jpg

And the movies, well, i think theyre too low quality to really be able to tell... and its so hectic, he isnt holding it still so you can watch carefully for a second... lol

Im sure itll be just fine

Seeing that pic im not worried in any case

Quit crying about how bad you think the saber looks. Instead cry about how badly I'll beat you when the game comes out (actually. This isn't likely. I'm one how is an easy kill in games like this) J/K. Anyways, I think it looks fine, I do see you point though on how it does look a little too pointy. But I don't care, I just want to do some slicing and dicing.

I think the saber looks fine. I like movie-looking sabers, but I have no problem at all with them being creative. I'd love to see non-movie sabers... both in the way they look, and in other saber weapons (dual sabers, varied saber sizes, double sabers, triple sabers, sextuple sabers...).

Again, the movie material is nice, but that shouldn't be the limiting factor... Variety = Good.

Surely the look of the Saber is down to the settings of the PC the piccies are taken from and the blurring and trail effects are also due to the specs and settings of the PC the shots are taken from?

I know the model is a set item within the game but with a higher or lower spec 3d card these effects could alter depending on performance.

I really like the new look 4 the Saber, the glow and light effects are really very pretty.

Originally posted by Tay-Mar

Surely the look of the Saber is down to the settings of the PC the piccies are taken from and the blurring and trail effects are also due to the specs and settings of the PC the shots are taken from?

Yea........all these small little things will be able to be adjusted by a slider in the options menu I would have thought :)

Archived