Home

Thoughts on Force Speed....

Silent_Thunder

Well.. it's only happened occasionaly that an elite darky lost to a lighty at bgj ff... so i think those losses were not "normal". Everybody loses sometimes.

When 2 players fight eachother at oasis, one only using the conc and the other one only using the rail detonator, and the one with the rail wins, then it doesn't mean the rail is a better weapon.

Everybody'd still know the conc'd own rail in 90% of the times.

Same with bgj ff and dark/light. Everybody'd still know the darky'd own 90% of the time. Sure a lighty can win sometimes, but if he's up against a darky who's at the same level and same condition and form, then the darky'd win.

Also I'd like to see a lighty try and take on a darky on a LAN where lag is much less a facter. Without lag, the lighty is MUCH more vulnerable to direct hits with destruction and saber hits (especialy when gripped). Without the ability to warp (and getting stopped by grip almost every second) the lighty has near zero offense and not so good defense.

Well, I have to say that I'm not overly impressed if Force Speed is going to slow everything else down in SP. Part of the fun in SP was running around like a bullet...and having to time things just right. I'm not a fan of bullet-time (especially in Max Payne, where you can change direction half-way through a dive :rolleyes: ).

I'll have to actually try it in JKII to see if it's effective, but I'll miss running around like a maniac. :(

I think that the force speed in JK was good. I mean if you went slower then the force speed they gave you. It wouldn't be like in the movies. Take The Phantom Meneace, when Obiwan and Quigon ran away from the droid dekas. Did they go slow?? NO! they flew down that corridor like there was no tomarrow!

Okey, I thought about this further. If Force speed was done like TPM and books define it(lets put multiplay aside for a while), then everything (except you) should slow down in 1st person view and speed up(Kyle should be motion blurred, so that he wouldn't look so goofy) in 3rd person view; technically of course you run as fast in both views. Raven's decision might have been right one though, because they can avoid many problems when seperating these two ways of showing it, so only thing I wish and if I understood correctly, Force speed will be only short burst this time unlike in JK/MotS where people were running comically around like Road Runners.

Archived