Home

Concussion and Rail dets replaced!

WD_ToRMeNt

Read the info on the official JK2 site about the Heavy repeater. Secondary fire sounds a lot like conc :)

Also we have confirmation on a rocket launcher type weapon.

One thing that I've noticed is that JK2 has serveral traps/mines/gernade type weapons available. I kinda doubt that the thermal dets will be that great in MP (they were absolutely useless in JK MP) but the mines could be useful if you plant them well, at least in a no-low force game. Most people in JK run out in the open dropping them as they whent along. You have to be smart with mines if you want to get kills with them. Also I wonder if it will be possible to just run pas them with force speed the same way we did in JK.

The Golan Arms FC-1 sounds like a pretty sweet weapon. Kinda sounds like a shotgun but I hope it ends up being more like a UT flak cannon. The secondary fire sounds like an improved version of the q3 gernade launcher. Sounds like this weapon is a good one to have, and it might even be usefull in high forces games.

The disrupter says that it fires a single high speed shot. I wonder if it'll end up being like Q3 rail. It could end up being useless against a skilled mover with speed/jump, but devistating in no/low force games.

Anyways, I think the bryer, ST rifle, thermals, disrupter, and mines won't be very usefull in JK2 MP with high force. Skilled movers will just be to fast for them. I have my doubts about the flechet but we'll see how fast it is and how wide the pattern is.

I just don't under stand where all these bullet weapons are coming from, this is Star Wars, right?

I think the Golan Arms will end up being like a high speed secondary repeater shot from JK. The the secondary fire of the Golan sounds like high speed thermal detonators to me.

One thing I don't get is the Disrupter... Maybe I'm just stupid or something, but I don't understand why the Disrupter does an instant kill, and almost instant speed attack, with great range. I know, it only has 10 (20, but uese 2 per shot) shots, but that doesn't matter at all in MP. Also, it looks like a phaser :mad:.

The heavy repeater sounds kind of cool but I think the Conc rifle from Dark Forces, (the DFs one looks cooler, and has an invisible projectile) NOT the one from JK, would've been alot better. Also, what's with the metal bullets??

The Bryar sounds like it will be more effective this time around... On the official site it says something to the effect of "fires a single high powered shot" So apparently it does some damage this time, also, it has a charge up shot. I think this will end up alot like the Bowcaster was in JK MP for me (I used to charge up the bow caster shot completely and try to release it right at point blank range with someone :)).

I hope the ST Rifle ends up like a more effective version of the repeater from JK. But, you never know.

Also, I hope there aren't any weapons that are much more effective then the rest of the weapons, like the Conc Rifle, or the Rail det.

BTW, Lightsabers can only deflect thin laser shots right? So the Golan Arms, Missle Launcher, Flettchett, Disrupter, thermal dets, Heavy repeater, and maybe some of the unannounced weapons will all be undeflectible?

I think flechette, Heavy repeater (2ndary only), and prolly desrupter will be the only things that can't be blocked with saber.

I watched the trailer again, and the disrupter shot looked fast enough to be instantanious (like Q3 rail). Howerver it was obviously in charged secondary mode. Who knows how fast the primary will be, and having to charge it sounds like something that may keep it from being quite as effective as Q3 rail.

You must not have played much online. Most people run around dropping mines out in the open where you can see them an easily avoid them. They can be used well in a low force game, but only if you places them with some thought.

In FF mines were almost useless because force speed made you to fast for them. The only places mines could be usefull were in the surge holes.

If JK2 mines can be ran past with with force speed like in JK, they'll be pretty useless.

mines played a very very very small role in multiplayer, as torment has stated earlier...with striding and going forward, the only way that you COULD get hit was when you werent paying attention, you were going up a ramp, or you were in the water and someone was dropping mines on you =)

all three of these require a some practice to achieve with a good degree of success.....the latter was the most practical in no force battles (especially ffa)

but other than that, the newbie carpet mining was laughable at best.

Actually, both mines and thermal dets worked pretty well in MotS, but not so good in JK.

I was actually one of the few people that specialized in mines and thermals :p. Both can be deadly if used correctly, and I'm not talking about carpet bombing (there wasn't much carpet bombing in MotS anyway, becuase of the layout of the levels).

Td's were effective on a saber wielding jedi who wasn't using speed... and also good for tossding down elevator shafts, but I admit, other than that, I never used them in JK.

They were far more effective in the TD dropping traps, in both JK, and MotS, and strategically shooting detonator packs lying around to set them off (in MotS).

Somthing about the distruptors insta kill. I don't think it will apply in Multi player. Or maybe a form of it. Kind of like in Elite Force. Where in single player, the compression rifle on secondary was completeely devestating. While it still was in multi play, you had to knock there shields down first. So depending on how much shileds it could take up to the hits. That along with it's longer reload times will prbably balance it out. I think a good idea would be, it's a 1 hit kill if you can hit the head directly.

Strider

Archived