Home

What would you like the ending to be?

JediArs

I want the ending to be VERY unique. Something unprecedented in the Star WArs world. Say, how about a multi-Jedi battle in which Kyle emerges as the hero. But it would also be nice if there is something so that thre is a continuation for next JK games (hopefully). This is somthing JKI lacked so that JKII has to restart from a scratch storyline. It seems, apparently, that JKI and JKII plots will have no connection. So what do you think?

Yeah, this game definately screams "expansion packs to follow..."

So a good set up to sequal would be great. I just hope that they can escape the "Fight the final boss with 1000 hit points, while you have tons of weapons and ammo laying around". I don't really know how they'd do it, but that always seems to be the ending of every FPS I have ever played.

A good tragedy would be nice, happy endings are not always the best. Like ESB, or AOTC.

Cyclone

An ending where the final boss isn't in just 1 room, and the battle continues on throughout a whole long level.

Not him going away for a few minutes, while you fight other guys, and he comes back. I want him there the whole time, just engaging in a battle that goes from area to area. Maybe parts where he runs and you follow, and other parts where you run and he follows. That's what I'd like.

That soundsl like the final battle of one of the movies, GonkH8ter. In other words, perfect. Plot wise, I'm not a big fan of the tragedy. The end of ESB was good because you knew more was coming. I don't want a cliffhanger because then you go nuts waiting for the next game. An ending with possibilites, yes.

Let me mention X-Wing Alliance. Too many unanswered questions that never will be answered.

*hooded figure approaches Kyle*

Hooded Figure: If only you knew the power of the Dark Side. Mon Mothma never told you what happened to your theoretical girlfriend, did she?

Kyle: She told me enough! She told me you killed her.

Hooded Figure: No, Kyle. *dramatic music* I am your theoretical girlfriend!

Kyle: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I just hope they haven't fallen into the same trap as some other games...where they try to do something really innovative which turns out to be rubbish. I killed the end boss in Quake II in 30 seconds flat with a Hyperblaster and Quad-Damage...I thought the Nihilanth in Half-Life was just plain silly...although the very end was okay.

On the positive side, I think the endings of JK and MotS were probably some of the better endings I've seen in games (though MotS could have done with a little cut scene to round it off). I also liked the ending of Eye Of The Beholder II...(that's going back a way.... =) ). Strangely, the ending to HL: Blue Shift was okay too.

I too would like to see a step away from the Face boss in enclosed chamber with tons of ammo and weapons lying around approach. I mean...if you're a bad guy bent on universal domination, you're hardly going to leave the weapons of your own destruction lying around in close proximity. :rolleyes:

Chasing around an entire level to complete some objective while fighting off the key bad guy might be a better approach...

Well, let's see: Nothing's gonna happen to Luke, Lando or Kyle.

Jan Ors is most likely to die, but I hope not. Kyle and her make a team, and games where you have a good buddy behind you are always best.

Maybe the main bad guy will be a clone--and you have a stronger, more capable Dark Jedi to face next time.

Or maybe the main bad guy isn't the main bad guy, and it ends with Kyle and Jan heading off into the stars to find the leader of the Dark Jedi.

Or, as PC Gamer have said, the bad guy will surprise us all.

Evil Gonk?:p

The baddie should be Kyle's long lost brother Lyle. After a long battle, Lyle and Kyle decide to call it quits and join Jan Ors who is actually Kyle's long lost sister in another epic story/game Jedi Family: jedi knight 3, in which they start off a new quest to find and kill those little pesky jawas.

...But the Jawas are really all their cousins and they have a big family reunion party which is busted into by a bunch of Dark Jedi. Lyle and Jan are kidnapped and Kyle and his Jawa buddy AI go to take back their bloodline.

::in movie voice:: "One man, one jawa, one bloodline. In the epic sequel to the epic sequel to one of the best FPS games ever made, Kyle Katarn and Weekawooghawallywaa are...Jedi Family: Jedi Knight 3"

I like the idea of a huge Jedi fight with lots of people where Kyle comes out on top. The story builds up to Luke getting all his academy boys to team up with Kyle and take on all these reborns. The lightsides are doing pretty well, and the battle rages through a long, intensely detailed level. Off to the side you see lightside jedi taking on reborns. In the distance you can see other small quarrels going on. Luke fights alongside you all the way until four reborns run around the corner and head toward you. Just as you are ready to engage it breaks into a cutscene. Kyle is Force Pushed over the edge of the catwalk you are standing on and crashes to the ground 30 feet below (ala Darth Maul). You hear Luke yell your name as you are falling and then see him fight not to be overwhelmed with the four reborns. You get up from your fall and standing in front of you is the main boss. He ignites his lightsaber and begins to run at you and the cutscene ends. Final battle ensues.

WHEW! That would be cool! Anyone here ever played the offical WotC Star Wars RPG? You can create scenarios like that and play through them. I've been inspired. I'm going to go write a mission. :D

dont expect too much guys. you might set yourself up to be disapointed since it's only a game.

i for one hope it is dramatic and that Kyle dies in a fierce battle. I think this would make sence because we allmsot hear nothing from him. Sure, StarWars.com mentions him but he gets no attention in any books.

And if he gets killed by someone or something from the book series would make it cool. so there is no destruption in the time line and etc.

OR

we could have a bunch of jedis walk on to the screen after Kyle kills the big bad guy and start doing a celtic dance and using their lightsabers as violins.

Its the last level, Kyle, Jan, Luke and Mara [or some other Jedi knights or masters] come to one of the new worlds, in that level theres a massive battle against Rebrons, Stormtroopers and Swamptroopers. Half way through the level, after you've killed a number of foes, theres a in-game cutscene. The four good guys are battling and then the main boss walks onto the battlefield and Kyle faces him. Now above you is a massive space battle. Cutscene end. Kyle and the main guy are fighting to the end. After Kyle kills him theres another cutscene, The New Republic wins the battle. On Yavin 4, Luke takes Kyle in for training at the academy, some emotion thing happens. But in the underground of Coruscant, a surviving dark Jedi/Reborn stalks the streets [idea for add on pack] They escape into the shadows. theres a big celebration afterwards. Credits

Hehe, it's good to know that idea is interesting to you, I really think it would be cool.

Anywa, the reason I'm posting again is to ask whoever heard of an XWA sequel, where did you hear that? If that prooves to be true, OMG, that was by far my favorite Star Wars game series. I'm really pulling for maybe TIE Fighter 2 or XWA 2 at this years E3, it could be the Lucas Arts biggie of this year.

Something along the lines of Kyle being betrayed by some Rebel comrades, delivered to the hands of his Arch-enemy (whoever it is in this game), and revealing some deadly secret about the rebels (maybe Jan is a double agent...). Anyway Something we didn't expect.

db6

Archived