Home

The saber throw...?!?!

the_immortal

ok there is one scene where he throws the saber at the two green fish faced enemy (sorry its late!!! i do know the name, im very tired thats all...) it hits the first one then flys behind the second one, then goes thru the second enemy butt first and it kills him, this is a glitch right, it looked awful cause it looked very glitchy. Thought id just say something about it...

Yeah, whole video must have been captured from pre-beta version of the game like the PC Gamer "review" written out of it. That other rodian happened to be on the line of saber, when it came back, so it also killed him, and I'm sure Raven people has now corrected these kind of little glitches. Too bad that we didn't see Kyle actually controlling his saber while it was still in mid-air... EDIT: I almost forgot the scene before rodians(1:10 - 1:12) where Kyle also throws his saber, but it doesn't hit stormtrooper and comes back to his grasp through crates.

Don't worry, both the trailer AND the review are of pre-beta stage. So where it says in the review that saber throw can be used to kill all the bosses in the game, that was of pre-beta, which has changed. Also, I'm sure most of the glitches of the game have been fixed by now.

On a side note, it's kind of funny how the reviewers said that it looks as if JO was rushed, and that it could've used an extra month of development, because that's exactly what's happening now :rolleyes: .

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the video is apparently of a pre-beta version...and they are no doubt hard at work on tweaking and fixing any obvious glitches. Although it could be argued with the saber-through-crate bit of the video that it's a lightsaber, and therefore it would cut through the box anyway. It just needs to leave some damage behind to show where the saber went, IMHO. And if a Rodian chooses to step into the path of a returning saber...well, that's his lookout. :D

Anyway...I think another good discussion about skinning has developed in this thread, and so I'm going to split it away, so you can talk about that at greater length. ;)

Welcome to the forums, SpliffCartel. I hope you enjoy your stay. Here... *hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion*. ;)

Although saber throw will probably be more prominent in the game, I think it will be balanced. I mean, while it's not in your hand...you don't have anything to deflect blaster bolts... All indications are that it will also put a drain on your Force mana...so prolonged use will mean you trade-off saber throw against other force power use. :)

I'm looking forward to using it for some puzzle-solving, if nothing else. ;)

It is said that the force will play an even bigger role in JK2 than in JK. Force push can now be used to push buttons on elevators or doors. So mana will be very important if you're running low on health and a group of stormtroppers are after you: you can either choose to fight the group (wasting your mana on Force throw saber) or choose to open and close the door from a distance.

well sabre throw was instituted for SBX3 and 3.1 and when it came out for 3 it was a bit over used ( i admit, by me also) but it a week it had quieted down... i doubt it will be overused, i use it to catch some coward who runs for health, or someone who crouches in a corner and wont come out... its just another tool, it just gives you some range with a sabre when you need it...

Archived