Home

Do enemies move too fast?

Swoosh

I have had a disturbing feeling since I watched the UK PC Gamer video. I really don't like how fast the stormtroopers move. They always seem to be running and running FAST. I was afraid that enemies and players would move too quickly since JKII uses the Q3TA engine, and those fears seemingly have come true. Does anyone else who has watched the video feel the same way? I supposed I could get used to it, but stormies and rodians have never ran *that* fast before.

Swoosh

It's hard to tell if they move too fast, due to the quality of the video, but it seemed ok to me.

I think I'm more concerned about the actual movements of the A.I., both single player enemies and MP bots.

The single player A.I. in Soldier of Fortune was pretty good IMO, especially on a harder difficulty. The enemies used great tactics and their movements were smooth and not jerky at all.

However, the MP bots in SoF were downright silly for the most part. Most of the time the bots basically jerk back and forth at ridiculous speeds, making them a chore to hit. Especially when you make the bots hard.

The single player A.I. in Elite Force was ok, but by no means spectacular. The borg were too weak IMO. You could always out run them or out gun them before they could blink. The scavengers and klingons were ok, but nothing amazing, I could mow em down no problem. Overall the game was too short and too easy for me.

The MP bots in Elite Force were better than the SoF bots, but not by much. Actually at times they would show signs of intelligence, then prove me wrong. I'm afraid they suffered from the same problem as SoF bots and that is the jerky nature of them. If you have Elite Force, start a bot match, and spectate a bot match from one of the bots camera views and you will see what I mean. It looks like the guy is have a seizure or something .:)

So I'm not worried as much about the SP A.I., than the MP bots A.I.. There are clips of fights in the PC Gamer video that appear to be MP battles. If those are bots, I'm impressed, if they are human I'm still impressed, but not at peace.:(

Archived