Home

Rainbow Six: The whole series: is it worth it?

JediMasterEd

Well, here are the games scores at IGN.

Rainbow Six 9.4

Rainbow Six Mission Pack: Eagle Watch Action 8.6

Rainbow Six: Covert Operation Essentials Action 6.4

Is there anyone here who's played them and can give him some more input than the measly amount I can? :)

.... ah screw it, just get Serious Sam: Second Encounter. :D;)

I own all the Rainbow 6: Rogue Spear games (Rogue spear, Covert Ops, and Black thorn) as well as the new series Rainbow 6: Ghost Recon and those games rock! the Rogue Spear games have alot of planning and strategy though. However, Ghost Recon is all the action minus the hours of planning!

But I don't know much about the original Rainbow 6 games, sorry. But if they are anything like the latter games then they are well worth it! Hope that helps.

Originally posted by Young David

Another useful tip:

Read the book. Rainbow Six was original a book by Tom Clancy (the game is by Tom Clancy's company). It really is a cool book with lotsa anti-terrorist action.

recomendation

WARNING: That is the next to the last novel in the series, so If I were you I would read all of Tom Clancy's novels, and they are extremely worth it!

Red Storm Rising

The Hunt for Red October

The Cardinal in the Kremlin

Patriot Games

Clear and Present Danger

Without Remorse

The Sum of all Fears

Debt of Honor

Executive Orders

Rainbow Six

The Bear and the Dragon

I have them all in my personal Library!

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

WARNING: That is the next to the last novel in the series, so If I were you I would read all of Tom Clancy's novels, and they are extremely worth it!

R6 was the first Clancy I read. Jack Ryan isn't in it (well .. he is, but I didn't realize that at the moment) and it's pretty clear who Clark is.

Ofcourse the others are good too. Without remorse is the last one I've read... It rawks

Originally posted by Young David

R6 was the first Clancy I read. Jack Ryan isn't in it (well .. he is, but I didn't realize that at the moment) and it's pretty clear who Clark is.

Ofcourse the others are good too. Without remorse is the last one I've read... It rawks

Yeah, it's probably the second best book as a stand alone but Chavez is introduced in "Clear and Present Danger" and John Clark is introduced in "Cardinal in the Kremlin". And both characters are in every book after those points (exception being "Without Remorse", Chavez isn't in that book), so you miss alot of background and character development on the two main characters in "Rainbow 6". Heck, "Without Remorse" is just about John Clark (and is the only truly stand alone in the series), which you now know, so it really gives you insight into Clark's persona. But, like you mentioned you can do it, but as a Clancy enthusiast, I would recommend to read them all from the beginning ;)

ok, got back a little while ago, $62.99 for Rainbow Six, Eagle Watch, Rogue Spear, Urban Ops., Covert Ops Essentials, and Covert Ops Intel along with a large Prima Stratigy Guide. Not a bad price for these but now i'm totally broke! Thanks for the help AU_heavyarms but i had one of my friends explain it to me and i caught on quick on planning. I love these games...though i've only played Rainbow Six and Eagle Watch cause all of the other games locked my computer up but its a good game. oh and Boba Rhett, go and get the game. it's well worth the money for what i played. I heard though that the Multiplayer games are better than the campaigns themselves. is this true?

Archived