Home

A tribute to the game that started it all...

nequadah

Dark Forces was an excellent game when it was released. I'd played Wolf3D and Doom...so when DF came along it was a like a fresh cool breeze. :) Apart from some of the innovations like Crouch, Jump and the ability to look up and down, it captured the Star Wars atmosphere very well. I thoroughly enjoyed playing that game...and still return to it on occasion (though my gaming schedule is pretty busy at the moment ;) ).

The weapons, the numbers and types of enemies...and the level design was very good too. I still remember those code panels to unlock some of the security doors - a simple but effective puzzle actually used in context, for a change. The secret rooms were also pretty well thought out. The only annoying things were the lack of mid-level saves and some of the jumpy puzzles.

Still a great game...and recommended if you haven't played it. :)

Hang on a minute...I can smell...Swamp gas...quick, get your gas masks on... :D

Aaaaaahhhhh...the memories...

This was the first computer game I ever bought.

My Bro gave me an old 486. I had heard sooooo much about that game that I immediately went out and bought it...and I played it...

and played it...

and played it till I finished it (I had alot more time on my hands in those days;))

From that moment on I was HOOKED!

I played every FPS I could get my hands on, and admittedly, had not found such an immersive gaming experience until JK. Then Half-Life...etc.

So the Original DF will always have a place in my heart:)

:max:

Got that game when it first came out the third level (sewers) used to scare the crap out of me, never knowing when the eye was gonna pop out at ya. Never could finish that level back then (hey, I was young, and the game was state of the art). Favorite level- the Imperial Research Facility. Crawling through the canyons, entering through the airducts, and when you first see the stormtroopers legs out of the airvent... ah memories. Of course, then you pick up the repeater near the end, my favorite weapon.

Hehe I remember DF, I borrowed it from a friend before JK came out. I bought it for myself after playing JK in a bragain bin, but I just couldn't bring myself to play it. No mouse (that by it's self kills the experience), and messed up sound just didn't cut it. To bad because I remember it seeming so awsome once. It wouldn't run on my computer now anyways, but I wonder if it would run in WINE.

Dark Forces is one of the best games I have ever played. Never forget the time I first encountered a phase 1 dark trooper, I nearly unloaded my stormtrooper rifle on him. I nearly had my head handed to me the first time I encountered the phase 2!

Dark Forces , maaaaan the sweet memories, i remember wanting the game so much, but i myself coudn't afford it, i mean i was like 10, 11 years old.

but then i found a cd that was like 5 dollar with the demo on it and some other cool things, and played the first level for like ages, man i enjoyed it so much, and then on one sunday morning, on my birthday, i got out of bed and headed downstairs, started up DF, and played the level again, but to my syprise it was the entire game, ooh i love my mom and dad, (i hear you thinkin what a loser) but serious i was so thrilled, only then i sorta got addicted to it.

Ooh the minute i played it out, and aaaaaaaaal the add-ons with it, man i loved it.

then off course, JK . a new era considering FPS.

loved it, then MotS also an awsome game.

but thank god for Star Wars

Archived