Home

are there any in game screen shots w/ the saber in 1st person mode?

Tyler_Durden

Ever since jedi knight i always played in 1st person mode and i couldn't stand playing in third person. This game is no exception. Unfortunately i haven't seen any screen shots and it didn't show anything in the trailer pertaining to that. I was just wonderig if anyone had screenshots or knew how the lightsaber interface was in 1st person. Personally, i think it would be just awesome if it was anything like thise parts in the star wars arcade game where you fight darth vader and boba fett with the lightsaber in the 1st person mode.

It was confirmed a while ago that you will be able to use sabers/guns in both 1st and 3rd person, it's just that the default for guns is 1st person and the default for saber is 3rd person (because of all the cool moves. ;) ).

Don't worry.

And welcome to the forums. Here...

*hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion* ;)

PC Gamer said that the default is 3rd person for the saber, but you can always enter the Q3 console if you want to stick to 1st person......does that mean there is no option to stay in 1st person even with the saber??? I assumed there would be an option like in JK. Maybe PC Gamer got it wrong.

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

Ever since jedi knight i always played in 1st person mode and i couldn't stand playing in third person. This game is no exception. Unfortunately i haven't seen any screen shots and it didn't show anything in the trailer pertaining to that. I was just wonderig if anyone had screenshots or knew how the lightsaber interface was in 1st person. Personally, i think it would be just awesome if it was anything like thise parts in the star wars arcade game where you fight darth vader and boba fett with the lightsaber in the 1st person mode.

I'm a 1st person mode fan too. Where can I see screens of those parts in the star wars arcade you were referring to?

Originally posted by PraetorJudis

I suspect we'll find that JK2's third person perspective works a lot better than JK1. Not that there was anything seriously wrong with the TPP in JK1, but the Raven gents did a smashing job with TPP in Heretic II.

I agree with you 100%. :)

As for messing with the console to switch perspective...I'd prefer just pressing a key on the keyboard to do that, like JK. I'm pretty sure they'll keep it that simple. I'd also prefer being able to set the default option within the game config screens, like you could turn off Saber Auto-switching in JK if you wanted. I want this game to be as easily configurable as possible...and I trust Raven to deliver, based on the options available for SOF and EF. ;)

Archived