Home

gore level

IanZ

Will there be an option to make the game ultra gory so when you slice up stormtroopers we get to see their brains, blood, guts, limps and eyeballs flyoff in different directions (maybe even leave a mark on the screen, you know like those special effects that driving games use to show dirts on windshields)

Originally posted by Brick

Definately not. Star Wars uses little or no blood, and that will not change in this game.

Agreed, the first three Dark Forces games did not and neither did the movies have a lot of gore. If there is blood then there will be very little. I'm sure everyone will be happy with it though because don't forget about the fact that you can still cut body parts off and in half too! :saberb::dmaul3:

As we know from the Raven guys, there will be no blood in JK2, and for all we know dismemberment will be a rare thing (but that's not for sure).

I have argued on here on several occasions that putting in a BIT of blood (fine red mist, whatever) would NOT be out of character either for a Star Wars game (since the movies have blood in them, but not enough to ruin the PG rating of course) or for a Teen Rating (T) game (many Teen rated games have blood in them, just not a lot). I have also pointed out numerous examples from the canon films where dismemberment and bloodshed occur and are shown onscreen (plus there are many examples from the EU materials that I have not mentioned).

That said, it looks like you won't see any of that unless you develop a mod or use one of the ones that are bound to come out (recall, there were several blood and extra dismemberment patches made for JK) after the game's release.

Archived