Home

THIS!! means something.

Neonix

uhm i dont think that was the asnwer to the question about the demo...

(it was mine, first question posted but then they went to simpsons Qs :( )

He said theyre looking at options and blah blah blah so not for a while...

sounds like they havent worked on a demo yet

<font color=cbcbff> When asked when the game will go gold he said "Very Soon". I take this to mean that the game will go gold probably within this very coming week. It would probably be ready to ship by mid-march.

I want a demo even if it delays the game for a week, because Ill get the game one or two weeks later, so I want something to play while you all discusss how cool the game is and Im still waiting for it

It's common sense.
You realize that a demo is a whole new executable, right? The unused code has to be stripped very carefully from the code base and the the remaining code recompiled and tested. That's a short version of demo creation.

No offense, but I think your 'common sense' is based on a lack of knowledge of what it takes to put together a good demo.

You realize that a demo is a whole new executable, right? The unused code has to be stripped very carefully from the code base and the the remaining code recompiled and tested. That's a short version of demo creation.

Are you just trying to be the devil's avocate? Of course it's a whole new executable, but it's not new code. And yes, it has to be tested--like I said.

This doesn't take months.

This doesn't take months.
Nor does it take half a day. I'm not playing devil's advocate, I'm pointing out that it's unreasonable to state
Making a demo would take half a day (maybe a full day if they took a 4 hour lunch) for one person. Then get it approved and uploaded. A demo shouldn't delay the full game.
That post was so full of ludicrous nonsense, false assumptions, and (to quote Bill MacNiel of NEws Radio) gorilla dust that it isn't even funny.

Well, it depends what kind of Demo they are releasing. If they are going to release a mission from the retail game, copy and paste does the job? (I'm guessing)

But if it is a TOTALLY different mission with no storyline relation, it might take some time...

Guest X-Vector
Originally posted by Belgirion

I could care less if they release a demo because if I get it I won't as excited when I go to pick up my copy of JO compared to if I didn't get the demo...you know what i mean?

Yes, I do.

Originally posted by Obi

<font color=cbcbff> When asked when the game will go gold he said "Very Soon". I take this to mean that the game will go gold probably within this very coming week. It would probably be ready to ship by mid-march.

What does "going gold" mean?

I don't care about delays, just give us a demo and the game can be released a good month later for all I care! A GOOD demo would keep me intrested and entertained for a little while ;).

And JPMaximilian, "Going Gold" means that the game is considered final and is burned onto a cd (sometimes an actual gold colored cd). Then sent to the publisher to be mass produced and copied.

If you want to learn more, consult your local library and learn more about it ;).

Archived