Home

Is this game more like?

L'Equa Sinar

I've wodered this ever since i heard about this game, is it going to be more like Quake III Whose engine it is based on, or Jedi Knight, whome, it is based on? I liked JK in the fact it wasn't mind blazingly mad, like Quake where there is always someone roudn the next corner, i just hope it is strategy based like JK and no way as fast as Quake III, will i be happy or not? :):confused:

Don't worry. This is game is going to be awsome! Start by going to http://www.lucasarts.com and watch the trailer at the official website. If that doesn't please you then look around and look at the features they have posted and all the other goodies. Not only that but all thease people on thease forums are really excited about this game and all agree with me that this game is going to awsome. The first game where you can use a saber the right way for the first time in a fps!

Sithcloak

P.S. Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay.

Im guessing that its gunna be easier for experienced q3 and EF players to get used to... although im sure JK players wont be too bad :p

The Force Powers add a new element to the fast paced 'shoot 'em up' action of EF and Quake - so will rely on a more srategic approach than previous q3 engine games :)

Lightsabers are going to be a (most?)signifcant part of JKII.. they're most likely a variable that JKers will be the quickest to grasp.. Force powers are also going to be an interesting aspect.. if they have as much role as they did in JK, JK players will also probably be quicker to adapt to them.

If the Lightsaber and the Force powers take a back seat role to guns, q3 and ef players might have a head start. Or the whole thing could be significantly different from both games and leave us on equal footing.

Originally posted by L'Equa Sinar

I've wodered this ever since i heard about this game, is it going to be more like Quake III Whose engine it is based on, or Jedi Knight, whome, it is based on? I liked JK in the fact it wasn't mind blazingly mad, like Quake where there is always someone roudn the next corner, i just hope it is strategy based like JK and no way as fast as Quake III, will i be happy or not? :):confused:

I always figured that no matter what LEC/Raven did with the Q3 engine that it would always feel like a JK mod for Quake. After running around a few levels, the game totally feels like the original Jedi Knight. In fact, aside from the launch screen - I couldn't even tell that I was on the Quake3 engine. The dev team did a very nice job of getting the feel of the Star Wars universe AND the previous Dark Forces builds...

You can probably tell from the movies that JKII is very fast paced, (both weapons and movement.)

Dealthbot, JZA has made a similar statement in the Clan Recruiting forums. I think, you may want to check it out and post your opinion. Side note, I think the first official match has been declared as a result. A match between the Q3/EF folks -vs- JK's. I hope this stays friendly because it has a making for a very interesting and fun time. I think both groups will be able to offer strengths to the game that we can all learn from. But at his point we are still all noobs. How many days left!??

I agree with JZA to some degree.. however I think certain skills(especially those strategies and mind sets that an experienced FPS player develops) give an advantage as far as whomever develops the gaming ability in JO the quickest. Yes we'll all start off on newbies, but some will accelerate quicker than others, due to advantages in hand-eye coordination, understanding of the importance of aim, movement, item control, etc., and then a basis from which to build strategies on. A person who plays Rune is going to have a better understanding of melee weapons than a UT player. A JK player is going to have the mindset of the importance of relying on Force powers. If force powers play a significant role, JK players won't have the mindset to rely soley on guns with force powers as a secondary tool. Similary, if JK2 force powers play a secondary role, JK players are going to have trouble treating force powers as a secondary tool.

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

"the game totally feels like the original Jedi Knight."

Ermm that's not nessisarily a good thing... It doesn't feel like a totally new game? I was also hoping it would have some feel of MotS and Dark Forces added with it...

I'm sure he's refering to movement, etc.

Archived