Home

3rd person view in real time?

Outlaw

I'm not to familiar with PC role playing games. Is Knights of the Old Republic going to be fully 3d in real-time or are the backgrounds fixed where your character walks in and out of the screan? From the shots I see it looks like a behind the shoulder 3d type game like Jedi Outcast or Obi-Wan with a full 3d world. Can anyone clear this up?

I'm pretty sure it's 3rd Person real time. For an idea of what it may look somewhat like, look at some screenshots of Baldur's Gate.

One of the head designers also said the battles are similar to another game - can't think of the name off the top of my head right now though.

Originally posted by LukeSkywalker

it has been confirmed that like the first Jedi Knight game there will be both views in JK2 this will be good as it will make the game suitable for to different types of games player i.e FPS and RPG this is gonna be good

You talking about JK2 or SWKnights? :)

I'd love it if it was just over-the-shoulder viewpoint all the way through...but I guess there will probably be a need for a wider view on occasion. I'm going to keep the camera zoomed in as much as possible while playing KOTOR, because the closer I am to the character's viewpoint, the better immersion in the game world for me. I'm not expecting the view to be similar to Heretic II or Rune, but if it was similar to the view in Anachronox, I wouldn't complain. Freedom of movement, free to look where you want, with the option to zoom in and out if necessary. ;)

• 2 months later...

Sorry to respond to an old thread, but I really hope that it feels like JK2, especially with commands to customize camera stiffness and stuff. I'm hoping this will be JK2 with huge levels and fun and story. I'm kinda dissapointed with JK2 in the fact that its single player game is really difficult and then the story just ends after miraculously beating Desann.

Jedi Knight 2 is a good game but it's not half as good as the original Jedi Knight. I hope the saber system in KOTOR is nothing like the one in jk2 because all people do in jk2 is swing and move back, swing and move back. If they make the saber system in KOTOR how they say they're going to do it, then they'll be some coreography to it so it will actually look cool. And the story in jk2 was pretty dumb, this one in KOTOR sounds cool since there's thousands of jedi and sith, and you have 50 force powers at your disposal.

• 2 weeks later...

THis will be hard to explain but i saw the trailor for KotOR and i was wondering... when batteling in space... will there be a limit on how far away you are from the battle scene... in better words.... will it be like Rogue Spears space fighting?

Archived