Home

Idea for a 2nd X-pack : Expanded Universe.

Link Antilles

Civs:

Ssi-ruuk

Chiss

Black Sun

Hapes

Mon-Cals

Vong

Campaign Idea:

Chiss Campaign against the Ssi-ruuk.

Bonus missions would be against the Vong.

TB Units:

rebel pilots

snowtroopers

sandtroopers

controllable Jawas

Dash Render

Thrawn

Ackbar

Xizor

IG-88

Dengar

Ithorian

Zuckess

echo base troopers

Mt-At

E-wing

B-wing

V-wing

Slave I

Slave II

watoo

podracers

Kyle Katarn

Mace Windu

Wedge in Flight Suit

A-1

A-9

Dack

Hobbie

Zev

Corran

Biggs

Owen Lars

Beru Lars

Garm Bel Iblis

Quarrens

CloakShape fighter

Tarkin

Dianoga

EV-9D9

4-lom

Davin Felth

Outrider

Needa

Ozzel

Piett

Page

Porkins

Gran

Rieekan

T-16

Sail Barge

Mining Droids

V-35

Verpine

Vuffi Raa

Wuher

XP-38

Corusant Guards

Royal Guards

Combat Cloud Car

Jawa Heros

Stinger

IG-2000

X-34

Gunboat

Skipray Blastboast

Tie Crawler

Bulk Transport

Very well thought out, Antilles. I totally love those additions, like to add one: Larger Frame of reference for character imagery.

What I mean is; either present a larger range of 'generic' or 'trait' character pics (SLP's) for us to use & give more life into our own scenario's characters. OR Give us a larger selection of Gaia Jedi/Sith. (Every Jedi/Sith is UNIQUE in StarWars, but to add someone from the Old Republic like Ulic Qel-Droma or Exar Kun we have to 'pretend' the pic & animation is of him. The Mod-Packs'll probably fix this but be nice to have it official so we don't need to run the Mod everytime, & the whole only 1 Mod can run at a time thing, blah,blah)

Overall, I'm for ANY and ALL additional character's & options regarding such units & the Map Editor triggers.I can't wait until we can design stories & battles involving the likes of, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, Ulic Qel-Droma, Vodo Siosk Baas, Carnor Jax, Kir Kanos, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade(w/lightsaber), Grand Admiral Thrawn, Moff Tarkin, Admirals Paelleon & Daala, Kyp Durron, Freedon Nadd, ALL the Hutts & their Gammorean guards-God there's so many I'm failing to mention-all together in one beautiful battle against eachother. ...And so I dream on...

P.S. How about the Yveatha (sp?) From the Black Fleet Crises? Or The Hutts as Civ's

Love to see the Massasi added (like a Gungark's dual control)

and some of them juicy pirates & smugglers.

The Mod-Packs'll probably fix this but be nice to have it official so we don't need to run the Mod everytime, & the whole only 1 Mod can run at a time thing, blah,blah

I'm not sure if that is how AOK mods work (as I've never actually played AOK), but my SWGB mod installer functions differently: you run the program to install a mod, and it stays in the game until you remove it. And you can have as many mods as you want, all happily coexisting. Although there are only two actual mods in existence (The Vampire Slayer's Watto and my Jabba/Sarlacc/Skiff/Jawa/Pods) and it'll be a while before I've finished making the mod editor :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With so many big name RTS games coming out (AOM, WCIII, C&C: Generals) and the fact GB is based on such an old engine, I doubt we'll see another x-pac.

It would be cool if they started working on GBII or a space based RTS game;)

Heck most games don't get two x-pac's anyway, even the Age of Empire games don't bother with it.

If they do though, I'd REALLY like to see the Chiss!!!

:atat: Join Imperial Vengeance: http://telhazen.home.att.net/

One thing that i just thought about.

Battle droids of the Trade federation should be able to deploy/undeploy like a cannon. So that they take only half as much space inside a assault mech or air transporter, like in the movie. But they should then not be able to fire when undeploying/deploying like a cannon.:bdroid2:

:) I for one think that SWGB:CC is a very good addition to the original game. After seeing the movie however, I was a little disapppointed that at least the twelve members of the Jedi Counsel were not in the X-pack, not to mention all of the other new Jedi that Episode II introduced. I definitely think that there should be another X-pack with a wider array of the aliens from SW Universe. I also feel like more time should be used to make a jedi version of all the races that are capable of producing jedi.

As a Star wars comic, novel, and book collector, I found it saddening that their were no Wookie, Twi'lek, or Rodian Jedi added in the X-pack. :( I think the creators of the game should draw Gaia characters to add to the game for books like the essential guide to aliens, Alien Anthology, Star Wars Comics, and the like. I thought one cool CIV to have would be the Yinchorri. They were featured in the comic, "Jedi Counsel acts of War". There were also soom very interesting jedi in this comic such as the Bith, Ishi Tib, Quarren, Mon Cals, Lannick, and etc. As a serious star wars fan that loves strategy games, I just think there are so many possiblities for this game, why stop now.:evanpiel:

Archived