Home

Going Gold 3/9/2002!?!

GonkH8er

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ihatetheblind

I hope that the continental drift picks up in the next couple of days thusly forcing all continents back into one large land mass, just like the good old days. Then we can simply be one people, one nation under one flag, with only one standard of recording date. It will be a beautiful utopia where all people are equal and recieve games at the same time. I will be the supreme monarch of this new country and I will decree that jk2 be released march 9 2002 (9/3/02 or 03/09/02 or maybe even 02/03/09). This new land will be called Bob and will bring peace and prosperity to all of my vassals,.......LONG LIVE ME!!!!!!! .......LONG LIVE ME!!!!!!!

:ion::explode:

Screw that....if you have the power to make it happen, then make a decree stating that it's going to be released today!!

Sorry Gabrobot, but I don't think you were right. I didn't read the entire thread, but your initial post contained this:

Now suppose JO DID go gold on march 8. 17 days after that it would be... march 25! That would explain why all the previews etc. give a date around that time!

Anyway, That's my speculation

So your speculation was that it would go gold TODAY. So that means it should be announced in another 6 or so hours... keep refreshing the page I guess.

Gonk's speculation was that it would go gold TOMORROW (Saturday, March 9th).

If the release dates heard from stores (March 28-29) are correct, that would extend the gone gold date (according to your formula) by a few more days too. Anyway, this is all speculation. I don't know what to think, but I won't hold my breath until I see it announced on the official site.

Update: Oh I see that you're saying that for Australia it would be March 9th (8th for the US), so you and Gonk are both speculating for today to be the gone gold day rather than tomorrow...

look in past posts in this thread

GonkH8er any updates on jedi outcast going gold???????

SEYA

[Edit - Stormy - please try not to double post - especially for one-sentence posts. Double-posting is only acceptable if you have a very long post that needs to be broken up... Thanks. :cool: ]

Well, there hasn't been a 'gone gold' announcement yet and it appears that the LEC site has been updated - well, they've put a new poll up anyway. This one is the exciting question of "Which of the three new Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast screensavers is your favorite?".

The least they could do is put a tidy poll up, like "How long do think we're gonna keep stringing you guys along before we give you any release info on Jedi Outcast" :D !

Btw, where's my chocolate medallion and forum welcome basket? I'm hungry :( .

a question for people who knows about going gold and this stuff...

How do they make the master disc? How can they be 100% sure the disc is perfect, and doesn't have any error?

Maybe they make several masters, and compare them to check incongruencies?

Originally posted by RichyBoy

This one is the exciting question of "Which of the three new Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast screensavers is your favorite?".

what jedi outcast screensavers?

SEYA

Yes, as GonkH8er said, the ones that are "coming soon" according to the site. I have to say that it doesn't fill me with much confidence that JO will be released this month if they can't even manage to update the website in the correct order :D !!

Originally posted by digl

a question for people who knows about going gold and this stuff...

How do they make the master disc? How can they be 100% sure the disc is perfect, and doesn't have any error?

Maybe they make several masters, and compare them to check incongruencies?

Of course there is a lot of debug during the process, the work is separated between Raven programmers, then combine into 1 software...i think this is why they have beta testers before the game goes gold...and yeah they have several master disc (so they can mass-copy faster :))

Archived