Home

Number of CDs

Siege

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost certainly only one.

AFAIK, JK only needed two due to the live-action cutscenes, which, sadly, JO lacks.

But that doesn't mean it won't be as good as JK was - far from it, especially with Raven at the helm ;)

BTW - Welcome to the forums - make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay here :)

In fact I woul be quite disappointed if there was only one CD. This game is supposed to be huge, isn't it? Elite Force was on one CD as it was quite short and claustrofobic (I know, I know, the level scale has not much to do with it;) ).

That's great for people like you who have a DVD-Rom, but from a marketing standpoint its suicide. Most people today (like myself) choose CD-RW over DVD-Rom when presented with the choice. Limiting the game to DVD would severely limit its appeal, and for a game like JO that would just be plain stupid.

One thing that I'm wondering about is if you will need the JK2 CD in the drive when playing multiplayer.

I have 2 computers in my house on a network that I use for LAN games, and there is nothing worse than buying a game mostly for MP then you can't even play a LAN game without buying another copy of the game or getting a CD crack (ususally takes awhile for them to make one too). Yes I'll admit it, I'm one of the people who would download a CD crack because I don't believe I should have to buy another copy of it just to play on 2 different computers in my house. They make you use the CD in most of the games released (by "they" I mean video game companies) and it's a shame :(. Hey, everyone has to make money, but it's obviously just a choice to either make you use the CD, or not. Frankly, I think it's quite greedy when they make you use the CD and an insult to the hardcore PC gamers in which they KNOW play LAN games. My 2 cents.:)

I'm worried because Soldier of Fortune and Elite Force required the CD in the drive. On the other hand, Quake 3 Arena didn't require the CD. It could go either way, but if you do need the CD, Lucasarts won't be getting my $ for a second copy of JK2. I would rather wait a week for a CD crack rather than shell out another $50.

Originally posted by Dan12R

If it does take more than one CD, I'd perfer it be on a DVD.

As well as the reason Cracken stated, why? Its not like your going to get a performance increase as the Quake 3 TA engine is spun off the harddrive.. and since the cutscenes are ingame, I see no valid point besides the case look and the CD look.

Originally posted by Proto

In fact I woul be quite disappointed if there was only one CD. This game is supposed to be huge, isn't it? Elite Force was on one CD as it was quite short and claustrofobic (I know, I know, the level scale has not much to do with it;) ).

well half-life only had one CD and that was a pretty long game...

Geez, calm down man. Turn capslock off, you are hurting my ears. It's nighttime here and you will wake my whole family up. However, I do agree with what you are saying. I'm not ready to make any demands, but I do hope there is some way to play on two computers in the household without buying a second CD. I don't think I would play with a direct cable link if I needed to buy another one. If you have other friends that are buying it then you can use theirs, but if you don't have friends that are buying it then you shouldn't be stuck. (though you'd need a friend to play on the other computer anyway.)

P.S. There was a milk carton once that on the side of it it said "Got Friends?" If you didn't have friends, think of how bad that would have made you felt!;)

Archived