Home

release date UK

Pali

Received my April edition of PC Gamer UK today and on page 24 theres a little box about JK2 which states : "Available from the middle of the month according to Activision"

so...take from this what you will :)

Oooohh... Goodie goodie goodie :D

Obviously still not official, but anything even vaguely credible that suggests an early release is great news, IMO :)

Thanks for the heads-up :thumbsup:

And now for the obligatory...

Welcome to the forums, Pali - make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay here :)

Hey i think that maybe the game has gone gold in secret! And their just waiting to tell us it and a released date. I mean it has been over a weeks since the chat where the developers said the game wa VERY close to going gold! I woulnd't be surprised!

Middle of which month? I assume you mean April.

All these predictions are a waste of time unless the game has already been finished and Activision/Lucas are sitting on it for some reason.

It'll be gold in the next week or 2 and in the UK a week or 2 after that, which makes it about... 12th or 19th April (has to be a Friday!)

Based on the fun we (didn't) have with Medal Of Honor, I'll stick my neck out and say we'll see it here on 19th April.

The question is, will it arrive quicker if we order from http://www.dvdboxoffice.com ?

Cheers!

--

Grumps

Yes it's ver peculiar that all these rumours that it's just gone gold and raven at the chat saying very very soon it'll go gold and all these mags saying end of march in the uk and the us ones say april 1 and things. there's definately something going on. and also grumpy it's the same game for the uk and us, so they'll both go gold at the same time since it's the one game.

Oh yeh, welcome Pali, have a newbie's spoon replica gift. :) Enjoy

hehe, thanks :)

and your probably right, we shouldn't put much stock into release dates at the moment, but its hard when you see a favourable one :)

and as for the arguement that it can't come out in england first, cause it was made by an american company, just look at what happened with black and white.

If Eb and a few other people say the 28th, then thats what i think...i pre ordered mine from gameplay.com and it says 28th march on there too, which is a thursday, which is damn wierd for the UK, so i am guessing they say the thursday cause that is when they will send it out to us, so UK dispatchers will have it on the 28th, but we will get it on the 29th? Does that sound right?

I went and pre-ordered today @ Software Etc. I said casually to the cashier/manager; "so, it'll be available around the second of April?" He replied "No, 29th of this month." I says "really?" He said "definetly."

All this means nothing of course. Just tossing in my 2 cents. Oh yeah, I'm in Florida, not UK.

Mmmmmm, rumor fodder.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

...and also grumpy it's the same game for the uk and us, so they'll both go gold at the same time since it's the one game...

Yer I know. But "normally" there's a 2 week lag between "gold" and release in the UK ;-)

--

Grumps

Thats been said countless times, sorry man but in short

less copies to make = done sooner

besides it isnt even sure yet! no on here even KNOWS

we're all just guessing and blabbering

BTW i hope i can get it end of march here in holland, just in time for spring break (which should be great, cause i also get my Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar joysticks end of march, man those things rock! I will even try programming them for Jedi Outcast and see what happens :) )

Originally posted by jedialphaknight

shouldn't it come out in the usa first since it was made in the usa.......??????????

Well, a large percentage of the filming for Episode I was done in the UK, but it was released over here about a month after the USA. Go figure :D .

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your email. Please disregard your order confirmation email.

This is a standard letter sent to all customer's upon ordering and it states

all orders are shipped within two weeks; however, this does not take into

account orders that are out of stock and preorders. Please be assured that

Jedi Outcast will NOT be released until April or May (we currently do not

have an official release date). Your order total is $59.99 which includes

free USPS Priority Mail shipping (delivery is usually 3-5 business days).

If you would like UPS Next shipping, that will be an additional $21.95.

We hope this answer your questions and please contact us if we can further

assist you.

Thank you,

LucasArts Company Store

http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore

1-888-532-4263

Archived