Home

Raven got the Lightsabers Perfect!

Squalliss

If you are like me, you were probably displeased with the replication of the Jedi lightsabers in the games.

The main thing that got be pissed with the lightsabers from previous games was the lack of lightsaber trails from moving it around.

Jedi Knight Dark Forces II and Mysterious of the Sith didn't even have lightsaber trails.

The Phantom Menace game had trails, but were very poor.

Obi-Wan had better trails then Phantom Menace, but still was not good.

What the developers were getting wrong was, when the lightsaber moved they made the trail this long light wave, but in Outcast Raven has actually made the trail part of the saber and instead of making a long trail they make it slightly short - how it should be.

Can't wait for dueling lightsabering in multiplayer - oh yes! ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please, let's not go into that Batsaber discussion again... It's like hitting your head againts the wall! :rolleyes: How it affects MP gameplay? In the words of so many forumgoers so far, "we will see it, when JK2 comes out." What comes to lightsaber itself, I also think Raven has done tremendous job and it's closest visual representation of this "elegant weapon" in any SW game so far. :cool:

Originally posted by digl

no!!

would a laser cut through you as the lightsaber would?

How...would I know...?

I imagine it could be possible for some kind of blaster to shoot through you, like a lightsaber "cuts," But I suppose it's just speculation...

-TIE

I think I've seen the "bat saber" effect, but I have a possible explanation for it: perhaps it is the combined effect of a killing or wounding blow plus Force push. It would also make sense, as you wouldn't want someone's saber cutting off your arm after you left yourself exposed to strike the last blow.

Originally posted by Belgirion

or maybe they made the lightsabers realistic and made the saber a stick with computer generated effects just like the movies!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

...Lightsabers are far from realistic...the whole idea behind it is physically impossible.

Originally posted by D4rkKnight

...Lightsabers are far from realistic

He meant realistic to the movies :)

...the whole idea behind it is physically impossible.

Really? Would you care to prove that? :p

Now I'll be nice :D

Welcome to the forums, D4rkKnight - make yourself at home, enjoy your stay, and don't say anything's impossible - because that's not necessarily true... ;)

actually i read a thing in a New Scientist magazine that i found on the train once that some physicists had theorized a way of making a functional lightsaber-like device

if i recall correctly the idea was to use some sort of really strong magnetic field to bend a stream of plasma around on itself that was emitted from some sort of "thingo"

they said the "hilt" of it would be freakin huge though

if i recall correctly the idea was to use some sort of really strong magnetic field to bend a stream of plasma around on itself that was emitted from some sort of "thingo"

hehe, i have the guide to the star wars weapons and technologie book and it says something like that about the lightsaber.

Originally posted by patchx

actually i read a thing in a New Scientist magazine that i found on the train once that some physicists had theorized a way of making a functional lightsaber-like device

they said the "hilt" of it would be freakin huge though

Well to be honest I think that lightsabers are best kept in that galaxy far far away.

Archived