Home

Left handed Jedi?

L'Equa Sinar

Call me picky if you want, but don't you think it would have been nice if we had sen some left handd jedi in this game too....i know there may be some, but i do doubt it, and left handed option in multiplayer could make it even more depth, 2 hands to use, 3 stances = 6 options, would maybe give it even more of a spark and i imagine mirroring the keyframes could no tbe that hard in an animation package?

This might have been a nice little realism tweak just as "custom-built" lightsaber hilts in MP and added more variety. Once again this is great idea that some modder could do on his spare time when his not creating all those additional models, skins, levels and so on that we have already commisioned him to do before game have even come out... :rolleyes:

In Kendo, left handed users hold the katana the same way as right handed users do: left hand under right hand. It said is said left handed users actually have an advantage this way, because the left arm is used to generate the strength for the attack and the right is only used to steer.

Yeah, I heard that as well that left handed swordsmen, fencer and even tennis players have a slight advantage over right handed players. (and personally I'm left handed as well so I'd love to see a left handedness option like in UT and a few other games, just a shame that all the big heroes are always right handed lol)

Answer = simple:

In the movies, all Jedi are right-handed. But more or less all stormtroopers are Left handed. (Haven't checked the screen shots to see if the stormies in the game follow suit though!)

In MP I guess you should be able to choose between left and right hands (a mod for someone if it's not in the final release!). But SP - well, Kyle Katarn has spent two games being right handed so doubt he's going to change now.

Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt

[...] and personally I'm left handed as well so I'd love to see a left handedness option like in UT and a few other games

How many of us are there? :eek:

...We should make a mod... 'cept I don't know how :D:(:)

Anakin, could you put this in the AotC-TC please? :D

It would be nice but it won't be praticial, being a lefty myself I usually hold my sword left hand first with right hand under, this is not how it's really done. Also swinging parrying and so on is done on the opposite side to that of right-handers. Some say it is an advantage over the normal grip cause you attack opponents on their outside catching them off-guard. The same goes for the left first grip also. A little divertion there sorry.:)

:eek: OMG!

How cool!!

Thanks!!!! :thumbsup:

...Is there anything that I could learn to do to help you out with it? (The whole TC, I mean - I usually learn extremely quickly, so it might be good... Or I might fail completely :D;)) Perhaps one thing, that I could concentrate on?

Originally posted by nykel007

It would be nice but it won't be praticial, being a lefty myself I usually hold my sword left hand first with right hand under, this is not how it's really done. Also swinging parrying and so on is done on the opposite side to that of right-handers. Some say it is an advantage over the normal grip cause you attack opponents on their outside catching them off-guard. The same goes for the left first grip also. A little divertion there sorry.:)

That's how you may use it, but that's not the correct way. A correct stance is right above left, regardless of the user's handed--ness.

Horrah!! I got Fardreamers attention!!

Sup Mate :)

Basicly at the moment we are currently creating the models in 3D Max 4 and leaving all the rest alone until the GDK comes out.

But we are learning anything and everything to do with Q3 engine and its capaplities etc etc.

The reason I said 'more coding' cause that what most of the feaures is going to be pure animation, which I hear you are excelent at :p

Waccy-Baccy- If you willing to help, that all we need! we are all learners here and anything that you would like to help us with would be gratley apreciated :) that goes triple for you Mr Fardreamer :)

i agree with you all, devloppers always forget to put a switch left-right in the options... i'm sure it's simple though, it's just mirrored in fact, there's no other animations so dunno why they re only a few to make this toggable.

Chateau Dur

Archived