Home

Trailer II Discussion

OnlyOneCanoli

OMG!!!! so far it looks better than any other game ive ever seen, the single player is amiazing with all the stuff u can do and all the movements etc... the one thing that put me off a little was the multiplayer though, it seemed a bit Q3ish but i think it will hold up to the jedi criteria that is expected from a star wars game

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it me or did anyone else see the batsaber in action during the first scene? *Doh*

Oh well. Doesn't bother me much. I didn't form the ABSL after all :)

That backstab was super cool.

And I do remember the Raven guys saying you can turn the slow mo off.. so no worries there.

My only real complaint is the speed at which the game runs. IMO its just a bit fast. I'll adept but being used to rather slower games like Q3.. this trailer makes your head spin :p Oh well. ITs just me.

I think force speed will be the key to getting up the wall. You just run really fast then jump on or something of that sort. Sounds more simple then trying to force jump onto the wall sideways or something.. now trying to jump sideways would be a gravity problem since thats hard to do and running up a wall like the matrix sounds better and makes a lot more sense.

Ahhh... good, good stuff. I don't know if it's been covered before, but did anyone else notice that his force pool automatically started filling up after he used the mind trick? And those wall walks/Jumps... I love the fluidity of Kyle's movements and that level 3 force grip? oh yeah.

Originally posted by Pipe Smoke

Yea HBK, the return of the homing rail from MOTS disturbs me somewhat... but I would only be pissed if they hadn't included the option to push them away. Seeing as how they DID, it's all good.

Do you mean you can use Force Push to block missiles? That would make it more bearable. hehe, that would suck if you used Force Pull by accident.

I also didn't see to much sabre vs. sabre action. It doesn't seem like you can have an actual duel that would last for more than a few seconds. Maybe it is possible, we just didn't see it. A nice 10+ second duel would really fuel my fire. Someday...

I'm a sabre-junkie.

Great looking trailer. Like everyone else I really liked the back thrust of the saber into the reborn. Level design looks pretty darn sweet. The speed does seem a bit too much, but that's something I'll have to judge upon playing the game.

All in all, it looks as if JO is going to be a huge hit. Can't wait for the 29th.

Originally posted by your_mama's_ear

I think force speed will be the key to getting up the wall. You just run really fast then jump on or something of that sort. Sounds more simple then trying to force jump onto the wall sideways or something.. now trying to jump sideways would be a gravity problem since thats hard to do and running up a wall like the matrix sounds better and makes a lot more sense.

Maybe all you have to do is press your 'right' key quick, like double clicking your mouse. My 'slide right' key is 'd'. So I would press 'd''d'. That is, if the wall was to my right. 'A' to the left.

I don't know.

Originally posted by DigitalVapor

Can anyone explain to me what that red lightning effect around some of the people is???

Someone mentioned a force power, maybe Force Rage? Maybe you get enveloped in the red energy while you are in Force Rage.

You beat me Qel and, woohoo, I was right.

Originally posted by HBK

I also didn't see to much sabre vs. sabre action. It doesn't seem like you can have an actual duel that would last for more than a few seconds.

If you have evenly matched opponents I think it could last a very long time.

There is an orange saber.

All the acrobatics and saber moves were done with my basic 6 key setup (forward, backward, strafe left, strafe right, crouch and jump) and my mouse (only needed first button for primary attack).

I did the backstab because I knew the jedi was behind me (I knew he was following me - a part of the video you didn't see). It's not hard to do.

Saber duels can last some time - you only saw bits of them (of course, the length and pacing of the saber duels depends greatly on how you approach a saber duel and how you use the moves and powers available to you).

That was level 3 force grip.

You can force-push away missiles, even the tracking rockets.

I don't recall seeing force speed being used in the trailer.

The gameplay in the trailer did seem faster than I remember the game being when I was recording it, but I think, like racecar drivers (and jedi), your perception quickens and everything slows down around you when you're in the thick of it.

Originally posted by Kurgan

MP Skins:

Kyle Katarn

Jan Ors

Mon Mothma

New Republic Commando

TIE Pilot

Stormtrooper

ROTJ Luke

Gran

MP Saber colors:

Green

Blue

Purple

Yellow

Red

MP powers seen:

Rage/Dark Rage (one or both)

Protection

Lightning

Hold the phone! Is that all the multiplayer skins? I sincerely hope not.

Hey cool, a Raven guy replied :) heh. Anyway...I was looking at the trailer again and i noticed that the force mana pool replenishes MUCH slower in multiplayer, maybe 1/2 the speed of the single player, but in single player it replenishes rather quickly, which is nice.

Force jump uses like 1.5 mana blocks, saber throw seems to use about 2 to 3. Lightning eats mana for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then it comes back for dessert 3 times (watch that blue bar DROP, baby!)

-Syko

Thanks for the 'official' RAVEN reply ChangKhan.

That is cool that you can do everything with the basic set up(6-keys! good job!). I was worried about that.

And I am more relieved(sp?) about the dueling. I am SOOOO looking forward to it.

Hey ChangKhan[RAVEN], if you're still around, would you mind explaining how the force power controls work? in JK, i'd either cycle through all the powers with brackets, which got annoying (you only have so many hands...), or i'd bind all of them to Numpad keys, which also got annoying (again, 2 hands).

How does it work in JO? Same type of thing? Maybe i'll bind my mouse wheel for it this time, if it is :|

-Syko

Well, I would sure hope the lightsaber stuff would last long. JO is supposed to represent the movie oriented lightsaber stuff and those last a long time. That added to the fun/suspense. I would be very dissappointed if this is not the case. This is the area I am most excited about.

Archived