Trailer II Discussion

OnlyOneCanoli

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My highlights of the trailer:

Flying in the air while force pushing

Wall walking and slashing someone with a saber

the slow mo scenes when killing an enemy.

Off topic:

Ahhh LEC Graphic Adeventures. True, they should make more. I still have the LEC Archives that included Monkey Island 1&2, Full Throttle, and The Dig. (I believe the Dig is also a novel, based on the game. Gotta check...)

Originally posted by Obi

I'm still wondering about the dismemberment myself. I thought it was confirmed to be in the game, but didn't see it at all in any of the trailers.

Thanks, Raven, for taking the time to quench our concerns even now that development is over.

well I just got through looking at the trailer frame by frame..couple of things I noticed that were cool and something that was so so..first off, notice at the very beginning the turret either never hits him, he parrys all the blasts, or he's set to invulnerable..would like to know which hehe. As far as dismemberment goes, it looks like when he pulled the stormtrooper to him and slashed it might have cut his arm off but I can't really be too sure about that. The so so part I had a problem with is after he destroyed the turret, killed the first ST and was about to throw the saber at the second ST something about it just doesn't look right leaving his hand...then again actual gameplay will be so fast I won't even notice it at the time :p

oh yeah, definately pre-order as soon as I get home....might even go with that express deliver extra 500$ BS...just don't tell anyone :eek::D

Originally posted by DashRendar1

Ahhh LEC Graphic Adeventures. True, they should make more. I still have the LEC Archives that included Monkey Island 1&2, Full Throttle, and The Dig. (I believe the Dig is also a novel, based on the game. Gotta check...)

There is a novel based on the dig, i've never seen it in shops though. The game was great a contrast to some of the more amusing adventure games (sam and max, day of the tentacle). Fate of Altantis was by far the best adventure game though. The story and the (lost) dialogue were great. If only the infernal machine was more like that, everyone knows indy isn't meant to mean jump puzzles and shooting loads of enemies.

here is what zone says about force seeing

Seeing

Duration Immediate

Effect Improves vision depth/width; puts visible aura around enemy; counters Mind Trick

Level 1 Highlights enemy with aura (normal duration)

Level 2 Auras visible through walls (double duration)

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but with triple duration and you can dodge sniper fire

the glowing yellow in the trailer must be the aura that you see with force seeing

Could you post a link to the Zone's Force Power page? I've been looking all over for that page since the last time I saw it. Pretty detailed. :) Much thanks.

OT: Yeah, the Dig is a novel. I actually saw it once... the book w/ the audio cassette.

Originally posted by PraetorJudis

Sure he does, it's a light gut wound along his left side. I'm sure the intestinal wall was perforated. ;) It looks like the reborn took considerable damage to his bounding box as well! :D

Actually, since the game uses per-poly hit detection, there are no bounding boxes. :p

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

Also, look how close the enemy's saber is a few moments later: (enemy is already dead here)

Talk about close!!!

If you go frame by frame through that scene, it looks like the reborn's saber actually goes through Kyle's leg after he drops it. I'm guessing that once they're killed, their sabers stop producing damage. Granted, it's not realistic, but it beats getting hit by someone you already killed.

(PS: How do I take screenshots of a quicktime movie? I hit the "Print Screen" button, and it captures everything on screen except the movie itself. I'm using Quicktime Player 5.0.2)

EDIT...

Originally posted by Uber_Saber

At one point, it looks like the Reborn's saber cuts through Kyle's leg. But it doesn't because it's shutting off.

Looks like you beat me to it with your post! :p

This game is going to rock, awesome trailer, the days go by real real slow now.

A question for everyone, to make the time go by:

They keep saying that there will be a bad guy in there that will suprise you, I dont think it is Dark Kyle, or that main bad guy forgot his name. I wonder if 8t88 is back, his head was still intact from what we saw in JK. It might be Jerec I doubt it. Yun? Could he have belamed Kyle for what happend to him when sariss hit him, we dont know if he is dead. Same with Maw, he might still be alive. But I am thinking either a Dark Trooper, Yun or 8t88. What do you guys think:( :(

Archived