Home

Changing aiming crosshair (no i dont mean color)

TUS_Tomcat

Originally posted by General Theros

it changes with the weapon you are equiped with. :)

Don't think so. If you look in the trailer it has the same cross hair for different weapons.

I think u'll be able to select a crosshair from a selection like you can in Q3 and EF.

Found another one in this old screenie:

46.jpg

However, concerning weapons, look closely at this screen

70.jpg

and you can see that it has the same recticule (albeit red) with the saber as the screen with the gun in my first post.

Maybe you can pick...

Originally posted by P129

Personally I think they all reek EF crosshair. Look totally the same and you'll probably be able to change between the exact same ones from EF plus a little bit extra.

Its a Friggin crosshair. Does it matter that much it has to be totally different from Elite Force? Sheesh...

Yes you will be able to change crosshairs. You could do it in all versions of the base Quake 3 Engine and I doubt Raven took this aspect out.

Originally posted by Desslock

Its a Friggin crosshair. Does it matter that much it has to be totally different from Elite Force? Sheesh...

Yes you will be able to change crosshairs. You could do it in all versions of the base Quake 3 Engine and I doubt Raven took this aspect out.

Why I mention it so boldly is because the crosshairs in EF really annoyed me. To big and fancy and no real alternative to have something like a dot or circle like in the other Q3-Engine based games (Q3, Arena, RtCW and MoH:AA. well MoH:AA didn't have alternatives, just on and off, but it filled its function and wasn't in the way).

Heh, it reminds me of metroid!

But anyway, you probably chose the crosshair, it might change with the weapon like in Half-Life, but it probably is like Q3 where you chose one crosshair. But for me, all the ones shown are fine. I would prefer just a dot with a circle around it, but those will work perfectly fine...

I've always viewed crosshairs as a necessary evil. I always find the one that is least annoying, and use that.

Now, the thing that has ME concerned. Is, see I don't want to have one AT ALL during 3rd person perspective, using the saber... maybe if i'm using guns 3rd person but not the saber... kind of ruins the atmosphere I think.

But the problem is, you can't really aim force powers accurately without one... UNLESS you do what JK1 did and have reticles appear over the person who is selected.

But to me it looks like in JK2 you don't have that, and have to use a crosshair to aim the force.

So i'm concerned about this.

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

Off topic, but, does anyone else think this level looks kickass? It looks so, huge! You know, really vertical stuff!

Actually, i think all the levels look cool :)

It's like the Nar Shadda levels from JK1 on crack.

-Caster

Originally posted by Caster

It's like the Nar Shadda levels from JK1 on crack.

-Caster

More like on steroids. That IS Nar Shaddaa.

while i'm here in this position, i'm curious: Why is it that the posters on these boards quote so much? Even when the person they're talking to is right above them? Just something interesting i noticed.

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

and you can see that it has the same recticule (albeit red) with the saber as the screen with the gun in my first post.

If I remember Elite Force right, the crosshair changed color depending on what you were pointing at. Red meant an enemy, green meant a friendly, and gold meant an item or something that could be "used".

Originally posted by Yodimus Prime

while i'm here in this position, i'm curious: Why is it that the posters on these boards quote so much? Even when the person they're talking to is right above them? Just something interesting i noticed.

Because their are so many people on the boards that you never know whether your post will actually be right below theirs. Plus, it just generally makes it more clear who you are talking to/about. Much easier to read if you ask me.

About crosshairs, i personally like teh stromtrooper rifle one the best, but it makes little difference to me. Whether it was a dot or a circle or a sun or star i don't care. They aren't particularly spectacular or annoying, so either way would be fine with me, as long as they have something to aim with.

Because their are so many people on the boards that you never know whether your post will actually be right below theirs. Plus, it just generally makes it more clear who you are talking to/about. Much easier to read if you ask me.

I agree. When having a debate or answering a slew of questions, it also helps to organize your answer, so someone reading can skip to the parts they are most interested in (if they wish to just skim rather than reading the whole thing).

Archived