Home

Question about recording tracks!

TUS_Tomcat

So we heard we can record and playback tracks (demos i think theyre called)

Anyway i was wondering if someone knows the following things:

Can you record tracks of a single player game, or only multiplayer?

I hope you can record singleplayer and, if you can:

What happens when you quickload? Will the demo automaticly cut off what happened after the quicksave and go back from there or is your demo "lost"

I hope it re records again from the quickload, that way i can get great tracks where i dont lose any health at all if i quicksaved and quick loaded if i got hit, so i can show off to everyone: look i didnt get hit at all :p

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

So we heard we can record and playback tracks (demos i think theyre called)

Anyway i was wondering if someone knows the following things:

Can you record tracks of a single player game, or only multiplayer?

I hope you can record singleplayer and, if you can:

What happens when you quickload? Will the demo automaticly cut off what happened after the quicksave and go back from there or is your demo "lost"

I hope it re records again from the quickload, that way i can get great tracks where i dont lose any health at all if i quicksaved and quick loaded if i got hit, so i can show off to everyone: look i didnt get hit at all :p

I think you can record "demos" in both SP and MP, having known the codes...it should work in both...

When you quickload, I think the demo STOPS there instead of being "lost"...the "loosing step (stop and delete)" would actually take more quickloading time then just to "Stop (delete)" the demo...(if you know what I mean...)

think think

I dont get it, just yet...

What I;d want is this:

I am playing a singleplayer game and recording a demo...

At some point in time, lets say, Point A, I quicksave... playing and demo recording continues... Now, i then get hit too many times and want to quickload back to point A, i do this, at point B...

What happens to my demo:

- Does it end at point B and its done?

- Does it scrap what it had recorded after point A, keep what it had before point A, and carry on from there again, like i do myself after having quickloaded... Ghost Recon does this, and it would be my preferred option!

Timedemos aren't actual recordings of the game as you play them, they're actually a list of all the buttons you pressed during the time recorded (watching corrupted time demos is fun ^_^).

So, if you press F5 to quickload, the time demo will quickload too and should follow you around after you quickloaded the map.

And unless the Raven guys changed the time demo commands in anyway, you can only see things through what ever view was played in when the demo was being recorded this goes along with the button thing I mentioned before.

-Caster

Archived