Home

Force push in the trailer

HBK

In the very first seen where he is taking out the gun on top of the crate, he jumps down and force pushes the trooper. If you look far to the right edge of the screen, the other storm trooper got pushed even though he only has a leg on the screen. Was the Force push that powerful in JK1? and does that seem right to you ? I don't think it should have that kind of range.

HBK

Originally posted by HBK

In the very first seen where he is taking out the gun on top of the crate, he jumps down and force pushes the trooper. If you look far to the right edge of the screen, the other storm trooper got pushed even though he only has a leg on the screen. Was the Force push that powerful in JK1? and does that seem right to you ? I don't think it should have that kind of range.

HBK

JK I doesn't have Force Push :) That's in MoTS

The first stormtrooper you see fell to the ground from the Force Push (looks like a Force can do different stuff to you at a different angle :)) I think the other Stormtrooper moved back also...but at first I thought there were MORE THAN 2 stormtroopers...:confused:

I found Push in MotS fairly weak - I could as eaily get people off cliffs by pulling weapons and bumping into them ;) Also lightning - I gave it 4 stars and still just a couple of shots then I had no mana for what seemed forever.

However, Episode I redefined Force Push - just ask the guys who wrote the Phantom Menace game ... (I still get a neckache from just thinking about that perspective) ... they did a Push that was stronger than in MotS, but were surprised when they saw Obi / QuiGon destroying droids easily with push.

From what we have seen you clearly get to a point where you can take out a squad with lightning ... not bad. Or throw a Rodian screaming off a cliff (after watching that a few times I asked myself 'who cares about dismemberment;) ) Clearly the Force Power strength and balance is much more in line with the EpI&II and EU interpretations ... which IMO is a very good thing. As Jar Jar might say - Yousa One Bombad Jedi ... zzzzaappp ... Aaaiiiieeee .... !!! (as I hit him with some lightning and toss him over a cliff ...

Mike

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

As Jar Jar might say - Yousa One Bombad Jedi ... zzzzaappp ... Aaaiiiieeee .... !!! (as I hit him with some lightning and toss him over a cliff ...

Mike

Mike

LOL :D

I cant stand Jar-Jar...

Good for him

lol .. force lightning AND pushing him off a cliff? No dismemberment? :D At least chop those ridiculous ears off and use them as curtains or something..

The beginning of that trailer is cool. Though it's funny as hell to see Kyle hack that stormtrooper on the floor as he's trying to get up. Talk about malicious! ;)

I'm still concerned about how balanced some of these powers are going to be in multiplayer... Force Pull flies them straight to you, and Push sends them flying quite a distance.. Maybe there's a change in functionality for multiplayer, but some of these powers seem as if they would make the Force the only viable weapon in multiplayer(being thrown off a cliff right at the beginning would be a rather unsatisfying resolution to a saber fight).

Originally posted by Scrobes

lol .. force lightning AND pushing him off a cliff? No dismemberment? :D At least chop those ridiculous ears off and use them as curtains or something..

The beginning of that trailer is cool. Though it's funny as hell to see Kyle hack that stormtrooper on the floor as he's trying to get up. Talk about malicious! ;)

Agreed with the chopping of the ears - perhaps Raven should have put 38 hit zones in GHOUL2 ... 2 more for the ears :D

Besides I had to hit him with the lightning to shut him up ... just imagine him falling while still going on "mesa mindin' mesa own business, den disa bombad jedi nesa nokin' mesa ofen de cliff - terrribbble things, terribble ... splat!

Regarding multiplayer, I'm sure that as a force player you have some strength of your own to resist these things, and also the balance is somewhat different - I expect a single saber-hit kill for a stormie in SP, but now for a Jedi in MP (or even a Reborn in SP).

We have heard again and again how hard they have worked at this - and how hard it is to balance things. I think the fact that they have very different systems in SP and MP attests to that. I am also sure that many people will be disappointed with the implementation for one reason or another ...

Mike

Archived