Home

Those german guys are funny

Chanke4252

Im sorry, but am I the only one who thinks that those German guys are funny, especially when talking about "Luke Skywalker". I think they said once "Luke Skywalker is good" or something, but I dont know German so dont listen to me. Post your thoughts on those zaney German guys here.

Just a couple of guys having a good time... you could tell they were really excited to be playing the game, and it took 'em long enough to get the wall jumps down. ; )

That guy who runs by with the toy TIE Fighters in his hands was the best!

And that scene where the camera-man tried to get creative, shooting the scene through a FAN of all things... wow... oscar material (not!). ; )

Dont you just love it when they try the walljump on a wall with a ledge just above it so it´s almost impossible? Or when they try to wallrun on a wall which is the lenght of the player character.

Actually, they said something about Opera, Half-Life mod when they did the walljump lmao!

Oh yeah, they also said something about the german version while killing some stormtroopers with the saber, then went on about the english version and mentioned "Soldier of Fortune". Hmm could this have been about the gore? =)

Oh btw, they used the arrow keys to move.

American- Funny to Germans

naaa, we understand what you're saying ;)

Where they mention Soldier of Fortune they discard some rumors about the english version having SoF style gore. Too bad :(:D

HAHAHA. I liked the TIE Fighter bit, but my personal favorite was when he was talking about "duke skywalker" (I know it was Luke, but it sounded like Duke) and he kept apologizing to him. Everything just sounds so funny in German. Does it remind anyone of Hanz and Franz? Why cant all German people be like those two. Are all german starwars geeks like those two?

PS- Those two guys in no way represent the German people, other than the language.

I'm not sure about RtCW. I heard they cut down on the whole Nazi stuff in the game just enough to get it in Germany (IE: Instead of saying "Nazi soldiers" you say "Axis soldiers").

Or something like that. I'm not sure about it, I read it in a newspaper article somewhere.

-Caster

Originally posted by Caster

I'm not sure about RtCW. I heard they cut down on the whole Nazi stuff in the game just enough to get it in Germany (IE: Instead of saying "Nazi soldiers" you say "Axis soldiers").

Actually it's the "Clan of Wolves" over here instead of Nazi's :rolleyes: . And they changed "Hr.Himmler" to "Hr.Höller"

(Himmel<->Hölle=Heaven<->Hell).

In other words it's just plain silly :D !

Don't the German people feel bad when they are playing Return to Castle VOLFenstein or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault??

We have exchange students from Germany in our school and our teacher brought them to the Musuem of Tolerance (Holocaust and Jewish Museum) :lol:

Americans are so cruel sometimes :D

"Don't the German people feel bad when they are playing Return to Castle VOLFenstein or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault??

We have exchange students from Germany in our school and our teacher brought them to the Musuem of Tolerance (Holocaust and Jewish Museum)

Americans are so cruel sometimes"

Actually I don't think they do, that was the past, probably the same as how most of us Americans don't constantly think about the racial slavery in the history of our country. It is the past, something to learn from but really has nothing to do with our lives now. Those 2 German guys weren't even alive in the 1940s (the two on the new videos), and every country has done shameful things at one point or another, every country.

Besides, I usually play the Nazis (Axis) powers when I play RTCW and MOHAA, but that doesn't mean I support em in real life, it is just a game, I guess it is kinda like how I always play the dark side characters in JK1.

Originally posted by SaberPro

Americans are so cruel sometimes :D

Well, we don't have any Native American Museums around here, so you won't have to fear the same ,should you happen to participate in an exchange programm to over here :rolleyes: j/k .

Let's just be glad that those horrible times are over with and die in anticipation of Jk 2 :D !

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Chanke4252

Are all german starwars geeks like those two?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didnt mean that I thought all Germans were starwars geeks, but I was wondering if all Germans who happened to be starwars geeks were like that. I know all germans arent like that haha.

On a side note, we had a German exchange student once, and when he got to our house from the airport and came in, my brother and I were watching Saving Private Ryan. We didnt know exactly what to do in a situation like that because we dont really know what German people in general think of the event. I like the comparison to slavery though, I thought it hit the nail on the head but I could be wrong.

Anyway, all you German posters out there, enlighten us on the issue if you feel comfortable doing so. I for one am curious. Anyway, sorry to go off topic. Continue talking about those two German guys.

Archived