Home

Star Wars (armada) mod!!!!

darthfergie

Imagine: a starfield ablaze with dogfighting. One of the combatant forces is the United Federation of Planets, fighting with Galaxy- and Intrepid-class starships. Thier opponent? The Galactic Empire lead by Darth Vader, which strikes back with a complement of TIE fighters, TIE Bombers, and Imperial Star Destroyers.

This battle (and others-say a kligon Bird of Prey against a few Rebel Y-Wings) can now be fought on your very own PC, thanks to Star Trek vs. Star Wars, Apoc Entertainment's dynamite new mod for Activision's Star Trek Armada.

The Idea may have been a no brainer, but the mod itself is an impressive achievment. Its sheer comprehensivness will leave you stunned. Practically every combatant ship from Star Trek and Star Wars universes, including a plethora of ships that have never been heard of.

For Star Trek, the mod offers dozens of ships just between the Federation and Kligons. INaddition there's a Romulan Warbird, Jem'Hadar vessels, Cardassian destroyers, and, of course, Borg Cubes and spheres. The free-floating structures include sensor stations, heavy weapons platforms, and even Deep Space Nine.

For Star Wars, you get an awesome range of ships from both the Rebels and the Galactic Empire. The Rebels can deploy X-Wings, B-Wings, Corellian frigates, Calamari Cruisers, and more. The Empire has the full range of TIE fighters and Dreadnaughts, as well as various levels of Star Destroyers and even the Super Star Destroyers. (only oversight for Imperials is a lack of the Death Star)

The resulting battles are sublime pieces of modmaking. If you want an infernalallaince, set up the Empire and the Borg to join forces against the Rebels and Federation. Or perhaps Vader will ink a deal with the Romulans, pitting them both against your brave Klingons. It is up to you.

What is truely inspiring is to fight the dizzing effects of the conflicts themselves. There is nothing quite like watching a Squadron of TIE Bombers make an attack run on the Enterprise. COnversly it's a heap of fun to re-create Luke Skywalker's Star Wars finale...The X-Wing raid against a mechanical BORG CUBE!!!

Star Trek Armada sold decently, and hooked a large numer of players who still enjoy its space-based tactical combat. Kudos to Apoc Entertainment for giving these gamers a superb new way to extend the fun- and for givingnewbies a brilliant reason to pick up the game for the first time.

Download it at http://www.apocent.com

-article taken from the newest issue of PC Gamer:D

Well since the mod is out now...I think they must have bought some rights or got permission to do this...It looks like they got the pics of the SW stuff from XWA or X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter...

BUT IT LOOKS SOOOOO AWESOME!!!

And I don't have to download it. It came with my PC Gamer CD!!!:D

I havn't installed it...yet:D

I have the mod and it ROCKS, you can even build SUPER STAR DESTROYERS that take up the whole sreeen.

The Star Trek part is what Armada should have been, and with Star Wars added it is awesome.

You can practically send one super star destroyer alone and destroy the entire enemy base.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived