Home

Raven is screwing us

loluz

I hate to post this but here it goes. I've gotten pretty far in the game and i have noticed one thing that an extremely lame thing to do in a game. I've looked at the posts on the strategy section of the forum and what do i see? ALOT of posts about how you're stuck here, or you're stuck there. Now what does this mean? It could mean that there are lots of puzzles in the game that are very challenging and really add to the gameplay. BUT THATS A GODDAMN LIE. What Raven has done here is they have deliberately gotten you stuck over and over in the game... why you ask? TO MAKE IT SEEM LONGER. Yeah, i said it. They input these "puzzles" to slow down the game to a crawl. A friend of mine beat it in 2 days. He played it ALOT, but he still beat it in 3 days. He did get stuck MANY MANY times, but id bet it took him over 20 or so hours to beat the game. Seems like alot for a fps doesnt it? Sorry, its not. He then went through and beat it over again in probably 1/4th the time he did the first time. Now is that replayability? HELL NO IT ISNT. TURNS OUT THIS "GODSEND" THAT YOU FORUM GOERS REFER TO THIS GAME AS IS JUST A BIG LIE. Without these "puzzles" as some of you call them, this game is nothing but a point, shoot, and look for switch fps that would take you well under a day to beat. Not very fun if you ask me. I read somewhere that this game would have around 35 hours of gameplay? pfft. More like 1/4th that. Thanks for screwing me raven, i really appreciate it.

oh also

IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED THE GAME DONT POST ON THIS THREAD, BECAUSE I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT I HAVE TO SAY UNLESS YOU HAVE PLAYED THE GAME.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a bunch of puzzles and shooting? You've screwed us all Raven! I'm going to refuse my FedEx order when it gets here! What a waste of my time! An FPS with pointing, clicking, shooting...and PUZZLES? HOW DARE YOU!

Jeez man, I think you need to take back JKII and pick up Diablo II or something, FPSes don't seem to be your thing.

No they didnt, I really enjoy the game beyond belief. I mean if you remember JK 1 had puzzles that were really hard, and a lot of them were mind numbling stupid sometimes when you figured it out. That is your opinion, but like lots of others I love the game, I think it is one of the best to come out in a while. I belive Raven did a fine job, thats the whole point my friend, I want to be stuck and frusterated, that has always what has been making games long, either it be a boss or puzzle, but the games now adays are run and shoot run and shoot, with no puzzles, the bosses arnt even chalanging. so what I'm saying is it is a long game, like they use to be. Chalangeing, and not just supid.

argh

you wont call them puzzles when you play the game

they are more like..being frusturated for 2 hours while you figure out where that switch you need to hit is. THATS NOT A PUZZLE THATS A SEARCH FOR A SWITCH.

and, this game isnt challenging, its frusturating. Once you find that switch its smooth sailing to the next place you get stuck in the game for a long period of time. There is *NO* replay value except for mp in this game, because its so damn short the 2nd time around.

oh btw, if you havent played the game, dont tell me anything ABOUT the gameplay because you dont know anything ABOUT the gameplay.

Looks like u are new to the fps arena!!!

I've been playin fps since the days of Wolf3D..and I expect the

puzzles to be challenging!!!

Besides i don't want have a game that i finnished in a day because the puzzle were too easy!!!

Qel

im not new, i played df and jk1, and i can tell you they are nothing like this.. raven deliberately gets you stuck in the game just to make it appear longer, and it pisses me off that they would do this to the consumers. no wonder this game only took a year to devlope

Dammit, I was trying to be sarcastic :)

No no no no no---yeah, guy below me just said it.....:)

I'm die hard FPS all the way, I have no complaints with run-and-gun indeed. I LIKE hunting for switches, the path to switches just lead to more stormtroopers and then when I finally hit the switch more spawn behind me and possibly some even bigger enemy is behind them, ready to jump out and I get to fight them.

Once again, I'm really NOT being sarcastic with this last paragraph as well I guess I'm not too skilled at the online sarcasm thing :)

BTW there is a really, really annoying ad on my screen and I can't even see some of my post to preview.....jeepers.

--ok, these must be some super puzzles here to really slow you down as much as you say (ever played Conundrum mod for Half-Life? Now THERE are some time consuming puzzles.) I don't know man....I'm beginning to wonder if it's just you. Most games make the puzzles fairly logical if you stop and think about them for a moment......I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but no one else seems to be complaining about this so far.

--I won't debate the matter further because admittedly I have not played the game yet, therefore I will simply hold on to the hope that you are wrong.

Be wrong.......be very wrong....

Originally posted by loluz

lol

see that?

thats a threat from a raven employee because i posted something bad about his game!

dont lock this thread, i promise this one wont stray off topic.

What threat? Seriously, kid, don't you have somewhere else you can bother people?

Looky loulzer or loser, or whatever your name is, just because you don't have the mental capacity to figure these little puzzles out doesn't mean you should get mad at Raven and everyone else. I'm sure we can find you a nice Lucas Learning title with Jar Jar in it that will suit you.

the add thing happens with me too when i try to log in...its really annoying. changekhan, please stay on topic, we're talking about the game and not anything else.

kessel, i completely agree with you but alot of parts in this game are just tedius and its obvious that all they try to do is stump you over and over again to get you stuck. Anybody ever play the game D? It had real puzzles, not attempts to get you stuck. Thats what i would like to see in this game.

Thanks for your input Thrawn, but i really dont care what you think. You sure do have a good way of judging whether someone is intelligent or not dont you? If i dont like a game that you think is a godsend or a religion of some type, im not as intelligent as you! Nice logic!

attack my level of intelligence and my ability to play games!

i just love the people on these forums. WHAT YOU DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT THESE SUPOSED PUZZLES IN THIS GAME ARENT PUZZLES. ALL THEY ARE IS A REALLY LONG SEARCH FOR A DOORWAY OR A SWITCH. WHAT PART OF THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND? THAT REQUIRES NO GAMING SKILLS WHATSOEVER, IT JUST REQUIRES THAT YOU DONT GET TOO FRUSTURATED (AS I AM WITH THE IDIOTS ON THIS FORUM).

Archived