Home

Is this game worth it

fuel_200

Fuel,

Did you play and enjoy JK or MotS? Do you consider yourself a Star wars fan?

If either of those you answer yes, then Run, don't walk Run to the nearest store and get this game :)

If you answer no to both of those, then perhaps you should check out a demo or something first.

The best part of this game IMO is being able to finaly play like a real Jedi... If that's not something your into then it may not be for you.

I am a Star Wars fan, not diehard, but a fan just the same. I loved Jedi Knight and MotS...I think i'll go get it then :) It's just that some ppl have been saying not much has changed from then till now, and that the multiplayer sux and single-player is tedius and repeatative. Of course, those are user reviews, and the pro reviews are giving it 90's and stuff...i'm just not sure.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as fuel_200 here... I wasn't sure if I'd like it because of the negative things i heard, but I DID love JK and MotS, and I WAS a huge Star Wars fan... I guess this game just looks too good to pass up.

Those people at Best Buy better have a copy, or I'm going to strangle the manager!

Simply tell the manager that if he cannot help you, you'll be forced to use your powers. (And, if you're forced; use force choke, rather than plain old choke)

Seriously tho, this is one of the best games I've ever played. The only complaint I have is that

some of the puzzles force you to search every cubic inch of the level for a grate or vent.

But my god is the rest of it funner than anything I've experienced since half life. And it's well worth every penny you put into it. I got it at 4 pm yesterday and I've only stopped to sleep. As far as multiplayer, I played a bit with bots after getting my saber in single, and I don't know what these guys are complaining about. I had a blast.

I just got it and I am not dissapointed. I have no idea what these ppl were talking about. I rank it up there w/ the greats like Half-Life, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Jk 1, and MotS. I played single-player for awhile, got stuck on the first mission, but what I played was great. Typical of me though :) I got in to multiplayer for awhile...had a lot of fun. I'm glad I dished out the $50.00 after all.

I still haven't gotten it...for a few stupid reasons.

Evidently, my Best Buy feels that it is in the consumer's interest to price the game at $60; and call me cheap, but I think I'll wait a week and see if it goes down.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to graduate from Bantha Fodder to Pit Droid!

Okay, I'm one of those freaks who enjoys those "no-brained" Half-Life/Unreal shoot 'em up fests where the narrative and action elements always take precedents over the puzzles. I did, however, like JK and MotS, and the original Dark Forces is still my most memorable game (beating Half-Life and FreeSpace 2 :eek: ).

Still, I don't wanna blow my money on a game who's main features may include Tomb Raiderish secret passage hunting that drains buckets of fun for every minute you spend searching. With this in mind, would you recommend I buy it now or wait until it's bargain bin fodder (could be awhile :D )?

Also, I'd be buying this for singleplay/offline MP only. Multiplayer online is just not an option with my connection.

im having second thoughts about buying this game, everyone i know who has it is saying its only good for SP and MP is really crap (pardon my french)

can i gte some positive feedback on the MP

PS: Admins please ban Navaros, i've seen him say the exact same thing in 4 differnt threads and every time he has been warned by a mod not to, he is just trying to get people to flame him.

Now this is *JUST* my lone, sole, single, solitary opinion about the game, but I do agree with Navaros about the puzzles. I did play JKI and I've owned Dark Forces forever, along with every other big name FPS.....yadda yadda we all do. I do have to admit however that the puzzles in this game are simply ATROCIOUS. Some of them do require you to search with the keenest eye in the galaxy and possibly even psychic powers about what to do/where to go next. With some of them you could swear there's some Raven level designer sneering at you behind the scenes while you search an entire massive map for one insy binsy little switch and what not. Now the whole game is nowhere near as bad as this and I DO enjoy the game plenty and look forward to each new map as it comes......but if you don't have some pretty extreme patience you may get plenty frustrated before its all over. This is no flame, no bash, just a slightly negative comment from someone who

Spent 2 1/2 hours trying to find that goddamn grate on Nar Shadda. I don't care what anyone says about discovering that grate, that was a simply ridiculous opportunity to waste the gamer's time and there was no where near enough info given to lead you to that grate, I mean hell it could have been anywhere the map was huge.

Archived