Home

Bad Bad bug

Knights_Q2

Guest bluejacketfan

For anyone who doubts this bug exists - here's a test I just ran, along with the results.

The test was to setup a blank 2 player scenario with Player 1 starting in tech level 3 (so wookie imbalance would take effect) and starting with just one worker. For each test, I recorded how much carbon had been collected (deposited in base, plus what worker was holding) after 1 minute and again after 2 minutes. This test was repeated for each civ, with the following results:

Empire 33 68

Gungans 33 68

Rebels 33 68

Naboo 33 68

Trade Fed 27 56 (trade fed has 20% slower carbon

collection)

Wookies 78 166

As someone mentioned above, this only happens at tech level 3, so is not as big an issue as you might think - but it is still a bug...

Just my $.02 worth

If you're numbers are right bluejacketfan then wookies bring in carbon 130% faster not 67%. If it were 67% faster then they should have 55 carbon not 78.

33 *.8 = 26.4 which means the TF number is about right.

33 * 1.666 = 54.978 which means the Wooks should have mined about 55 carbon inthe first minute.

instead they mined 78.

78 / 33 = 2.36 which equals an increase of 136%.

So...either your numbers are wrong bluejacket fan, or the wooks are even stronger than 67% faster, close to twice that actually.

bye,

...sounds like the kind of stuff that would be discussed in the Senate for tournament-play..

No matter how you look at it, having a carbon-advantage is lethal. You can ALWAYS trade in carbon for nova and in that way keep your econ going. It's a huge difference. I'll play Wookiees over the weekend against a friend and let you know how the carbon advantage plays out..

I don't care it may be designed in...because wookies ARE the tree top people...plus they have a huge disadvatage in other areas such as Tanks and Jedi and Air...I don't mind it even if it is a bug...The wookies need it...troops don't exactly have the most powerfuls shots or the best HP remember...I'm not sure I would use a patch for it if the ever came out with one...

just my $45 worth...

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

...sounds like the kind of stuff that would be discussed in the Senate for tournament-play..

No matter how you look at it, having a carbon-advantage is lethal. You can ALWAYS trade in carbon for nova and in that way keep your econ going. It's a huge difference. I'll play Wookiees over the weekend against a friend and let you know how the carbon advantage plays out..

It's cheap. Me and Eets just played (I was the TF), and despite having almost twice as many workers, he had about 30% more carbon (this was in the 4th age)

Wookiees do not need this, you wanna know why? Ill tell you why.

First of all, troopers themselves kick, repeaters are a huge asset, the wookiee ones are amazing. Second, the wookiees have awsome air, and well...air kicks too. Third, ever tried wookiee artillery? It's awsome, +2 range is like a korean siege onager(a very very strong unit in aoc). Finally, with extra carbon and a 15% cheaper bonus, wookiees have awsome mechs. Next, with so much carbon, they have an awsome navy. Finally, with the berserker they have a better version of a jedi knight. If you take the bug away, all stays but the navy. Their mechs are still 15% cheaper and they still get carbon a bit faster. So you see, we have got to fix this.

Archived