Home

Harry Potter is LOTR Jr!

Xirion

Boo for harry potter, i can't stand him, anyway, get a load of this

hehe i found these coparisons:

In LOTR Gandalf is a good wizard. with a long white beard, and long hair who helps the heros.

In Harry Potter, dumbledore is the good wizard, with a long white beard, and long hair that helps the heros

The LOTR dark side is represented by Lord Sauron, an evil force who has lost power but is on the ris again.

In Harry Potter the dark side is represented by Lord Voldemort, an evil force who has lost power but is on the ris again.

In LOTR theres a small, sulphurous, complaining character called Wormtongue who is in league with the evil wizard.

In Harry Potter theres a small, sulphurous, complaining character called Wormtailwho is in league with the evil wizard

In the Hobbit theres a foreboding forest which the heros fear

In the Harry Potter theres a foreboding forest which the heros fear

In the Hobbit the forest is home to a colony of death-giving spiders who want to murder the hero, Bilbo

In harry potter the forest is home to a colony of death-giving spiders who want to murder the hero, harry

In LOTR Frodo becomes invisible when he puts on his magic ring

In Harry Potter Harry becomes invisible when he puts on his magic cloak

In LOTR there are evil half-dead, black caped creatures who can detect the heros presence and want to suck out his soul

In Harry Potter there are evil half-dead, black caped creatures who can detect the heros presence and want to suck out his soul

In LOTR the Elevn queen has a pool of liqiud called the Mirror of Galadreil in which she can see events from other places and other times

In harry potter, dumbledore has a pool of liquid called the Pensieve in which he can see events from other times, and other places.

In the Hobbit the hero is attacked by a giant Mountian Troll,

In Harry Potter thehero is attacked by a gaint mountian troll

In LOTR Ganadalf is saved from Danger by a giant eagle plucking him from the top of a tower

In Harry Potter, sirius black is saved from danger by a giant half eagle plucking him from the top of a tower.

How very orginal, then in a television interview when asked how the author came up with the idea of harry, she said " It jsut came to me!" LMAO

Guest Admiral Odin

I bet it came to here days after reading LoTR. Very interesting similarities you have found there.

You could add. LoTR the hero is small, about the size of a child. in Harry the hero is a child.

ROTFLMAO!

Never even thought about those ones (I got the Worm Tounge vs Worm Tail when reading it....she should have made it abit less obvious ;) )

all kidding aside, while all those those things were proberly inspired (aka ripped off) of LoTR, the HP books are still quite good.....and some of it is origanal (Quidditch for example) and while HP may have those (and proberly many more ;) ) simalarites with LoTR they are quite different in reading........

I never read Harry Potter ... and I never will. I don't like the way J.K. Rowling is luring children into witchcraft.

I did read LotR tough ... wich is a cool book :D For the children version of LotR I'd recomend the Chronicles of Narnia.

Not only is Narnia children fantasy. The Writers (J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis) were very close friends ... so you could never speak of rip-off there ...

Originally posted by Xirion

Boo for harry potter, i can't stand him, anyway, get a load of this

hehe i found these coparisons:

In LOTR Gandalf is a good wizard. with a long white beard, and long hair who helps the heros.

In Harry Potter, dumbledore is the good wizard, with a long white beard, and long hair that helps the heros

The LOTR dark side is represented by Lord Sauron, an evil force who has lost power but is on the ris again.

In Harry Potter the dark side is represented by Lord Voldemort, an evil force who has lost power but is on the ris again.

In LOTR theres a small, sulphurous, complaining character called Wormtongue who is in league with the evil wizard.

In Harry Potter theres a small, sulphurous, complaining character called Wormtailwho is in league with the evil wizard

In the Hobbit theres a foreboding forest which the heros fear

In the Harry Potter theres a foreboding forest which the heros fear

In the Hobbit the forest is home to a colony of death-giving spiders who want to murder the hero, Bilbo

In harry potter the forest is home to a colony of death-giving spiders who want to murder the hero, harry

In LOTR Frodo becomes invisible when he puts on his magic ring

In Harry Potter Harry becomes invisible when he puts on his magic cloak

In LOTR there are evil half-dead, black caped creatures who can detect the heros presence and want to suck out his soul

In Harry Potter there are evil half-dead, black caped creatures who can detect the heros presence and want to suck out his soul

In LOTR the Elevn queen has a pool of liqiud called the Mirror of Galadreil in which she can see events from other places and other times

In harry potter, dumbledore has a pool of liquid called the Pensieve in which he can see events from other times, and other places.

In the Hobbit the hero is attacked by a giant Mountian Troll,

In Harry Potter thehero is attacked by a gaint mountian troll

In LOTR Ganadalf is saved from Danger by a giant eagle plucking him from the top of a tower

In Harry Potter, sirius black is saved from danger by a giant half eagle plucking him from the top of a tower.

How very orginal, then in a television interview when asked how the author came up with the idea of harry, she said " It jsut came to me!" LMAO

You dare insult HP?!?!?!?!:swear: I just saw the movie and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

hehe go LOTR

haha i have my tickets to the premire here in New Zealand where the movie was filmed, someparts literally down the road from my house!

and stupid harry potter has the star wars trailor attached to it, ahhhh

also to note, an American women claims to have written harry potter 20 years earlier

Archived