Home

Multiplayer - CL_ParsePacketEntities-Error

Lego

Hi folks,

I'm trying to play JK2-mukltiplayer and after playing a while JK2 exits to the mainscreen with this message appearing in a yellow JK2-style window: Error: CL_ParsePacketEntities: end of message. I tried different options for setting up a game, but the problem occurs too in a joined game. :(

But strangely this error occurs just in the multiplayer-mode singleplayer works just fine.

Are there any known conflicts ... hm, i might try my firewall (Norton Firewall) ... please help. :)

Thx!

Lego

I have the same problems... If anyone knows how to fix this pleas reply...

I have read some q3 forums and if u have the same problem there the most tell to upgrade your network card.. but I have the newest drivers so... :p

But if there is any other way to fix this please reply here cus i really want to play jedi2 in multiplayer....

:confused: i get this 2.... i get a max of 2minutes then i get the CL_ParsePacketEntities error.

It seems like the tech help in here is next to nothing, so i dont really expect to have this error solved. :p

PS Lucasarts PLZ put the SP lightsaber physics in MP :D

Originally posted by Taicat

I got this too, right after I tried applying the 'no-cd' patch a friend gave me.

Once I removed it, I was fine......

HTH!

Yup me too. I have re-installed without the cd crack and everything is fine again. I was not having any troubles until I used the crack. Now that its out, I can play just fine.

Originally posted by Lego

Hi folks,

I'm trying to play JK2-mukltiplayer and after playing a while JK2 exits to the mainscreen with this message appearing in a yellow JK2-style window: Error: CL_ParsePacketEntities: end of message. I tried different options for setting up a game, but the problem occurs too in a joined game. :(

But strangely this error occurs just in the multiplayer-mode singleplayer works just fine.

Are there any known conflicts ... hm, i might try my firewall (Norton Firewall) ... please help. :)

Thx!

Lego

This indicates a packet did not come through as expected, if you are trying to play the game on your own server, it may be something with your system outside of the network device, but for now lets assume its correct.

1. Upgrade the drivers

2. If you are doing this hooked up to an ACTUAL network, check the cables, etc.. can you transmit files and such?

3. Try disebeling the firewall all togather to test it, it may be blocking the port the game uses. Try setting it to allow all netowrk traffic for a minute, if that doesn't fix it, then use CTRL+ALT+DEL and make sure to end task the firewall, if it still does not work, you've ruled out the firewall.

4. Spyware, notorious for screwing with TCP/IP multiplayer games. There are several spyware apps out there, but I suggest adaware from lavasoft, avaiable here http://www.lavasoftusa.com

>1. Upgrade the drivers

We have the most recent drivers.

>2. If you are doing this hooked up to an ACTUAL network, check the cables, etc.. can you transmit files and such?

Our LAN worked with Jedi-Knight

>3. Try disebeling the firewall all togather to test it, it may be blocking the port the game uses. Try setting it to allow all netowrk traffic for a minute, if that doesn't fix it, then use CTRL+ALT+DEL and make sure to end task the firewall, if it still does not work, you've ruled out the firewall.

Firewall is disabled.

>4. Spyware, notorious for screwing with TCP/IP multiplayer games. There are several spyware apps out there, but I suggest adaware from lavasoft, avaiable here http://www.lavasoftusa.com

We don´t have any Spyware ( except Windoze ) installed.

Playing on the Internet still doesn´t work.We get disconnected ( even the Server ) after 2-5 Minutes.

:(

SOLUTION !!!

Alright, I have the solution to those who want to play mp without the game cd. As stated in some of the posts, if you use a no-cd patch, the mp wont work, so instead of patching the jk2mp.exe, use a loader instead.

First of all, make sure you have a non-patched mp.exe like off the game cd.

Then goto gamecopyworld.com and download the "Jedi Knight 2 v1.0 SP/MP [ENGLISH] No-CD #2" file. This zip has a mp loader that you put in your gamedata dir and execute that starts the jk2mp.exe without actually modifying the file, and there you have it, mp games without cd and without damn errors! Enjoy!

For what it's worth, I actually had to uninstall and reinstall the game entirely after applying the no-cd patch to get the error to go away.

tried it on my other machine with the same patch. same error. so that seems to be the culprit. No biggie, I'll just leave the damn cd in the drive and listen to my walkman or something.

• 4 years later...
Yup me too. I have re-installed without the cd crack and everything is fine again. I was not having any troubles until I used the crack. Now that its out, I can play just fine.

Hi i have a problem i have the real copy of the game and when i reinstalled it because i got this message CL_parsepacketentities end of message! it continued can u help?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys. I have the same problem... Someone sat on my cd, and I cannot play anymore... So I downloaded a nocd crack to play the game, but the game shuts down after 30 sec, with the message CL_blablabla.

And I cannot reinstall the game, because the first cd is needed to complete the installation :(

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi... ><

• 4 years later...

i was download this game on internet

and I get the same error, never have played a multiplayer game yet because i get that message

so, how to fix it ???

p/s : i have no cd to install this game :(

some 1 can tell me how to fix it ??

p/s2 : sorry my english is not good

please !! help me :(( :((

Archived