Home

Difficulty of JKI vs JKII

icebreaka

After finishing JK II inside of a week I was struck with something. Was it really that much easier than JK I? I remember JK I taking me something like 2 months to finish. Maybe I didn't game as hard back then but to me JK II seemed like it was a bit too easy. I stuck on two parts in the whole game. Once in the mine and once on Yavin. The rest was a breeze. The tricks weren't very tricky and the encounters were a joke once you got the force. I wish now I had have upped the difficulties because there really wasn't many parts I'd need to go back to saves to get past. Did other people feel that way? I mean I loved the game and it was a ton of fun, I just felt they could have made it a little more difficult in terms of figuring things out. It just flowed along.

The atst's in JK II are A LOT harder than they were in JK DF II. Stormtroopers are more intelligent (yet they still lack the ability to hit anything) , the puzzles are enough to piss you off the game is probally just about as hard as JK but the Dark Jedi are A lot better in the second. Overall it depends on YOUR Personal point of view.

Well you have probably played other first person shooters since then and once you get the hang of it they start to get easier. I thought JKII was hard but then I realized I had finished inside of a week as well. And I remember JK being much longer.

For some reason I remember JK I being longer, too. After I finished JK II in a few days I was kind of at a loss as to what to do next. So, I started up a game on the Jedi Master difficulty. And I found out immediately what would make it so hard: No quicksave! That changed everything. I'm still only up to Tavion after four days. It was a hard battle then, and it's starting to annoy me now. But, just like before, I'll get through it. Also, I'm trying to find all of the Secret Areas. I only got approximately three before...

Now that I think about it, though, I think I beat everything in just a few days. AvP 2, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Ghost Recon. I guess I need more games like Star Craft and whatnot, some games that take more planning and strategy. Ah well, until a good SW RTS comes out (or at least a good JK II Single Player mod) I guess I'm stuck with the bad (in my opinion) MP and "npc spawn reborn."

yes it's true :) but you jsut have to keep saving and laoding and deleting, it's true it takes longer and the enemies see more and hear more and are more strategetic.

The game is much more enjoyable at hard skill tho i have'nt played lwoer skills but it hink it us neway :)

I'm playing on the second hardest level and it's easier than JKI. What Raven have (cleverly) done is slow you down going through the levels by putting very accurate snipers miles away. So there's a lot of...

1. get to a corner

2. quick save

3. look around the corner

4. get killed with one blast (green heads normally?)

5. re-load and repeat until sniper is found; then kill sniper by which-ever method you prefer...

It's a bit annoying but I'm not that worried. The game is much shorter than JKI but it's a sign of the times. However I still think Raven have produced a quality product in a very short space of time - 18 months. Pretty amazing really.

18 months is standard development time, especially considering that they were using the Q3 engine, not a new engine from scratch.

I think JK seemed longer because when it came out, we weren't used to such heavy thinking shooters. In fact, it was the first FPS that required you to think so much, which was one of the reasons it received so much praise. We here are all used to JK style puzzles and had many, many FPS's to blast through during the years. If JO came out back when JK1 came out, it would have the same impact as JK, length-wise.

Originally posted by Master Spiff

Gager: "until a good SW RTS comes out"

Perhaps you haven't heard of Galactic Battlegrounds?

oh you mean the mod for age of kigns.

lol :) swgb is a good game but i mean, hehe its friggin age of kings with star wars skins ;)

If you play JK on hard, then play JO on the hardest level, you'll find that JO is like 100x harder to beat.

As for puzzles, the puzzles in JO should stump you MORE than in JK. JK puzzles were "find the switch" and "find the key" types of puzzles, they were extremely easy.

I think a lot of it has to do with experience with first-person shooters. While waiting to get my grubby little hands on JO, I loaded up JKI and MOTS on my system and played through them.

JKI took me 3 days, and MOTS took me 1 more. When I played them through originally, it took me WAY longer that a few days.

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast was very good, difficulty, well exsesive..

I've played a lot of other FPS games before and found them easy to beat, around 9 hrs using god mode, just 9 more hrs without it.

JO.. 4 days, on Jedi, and on Jedi Knight, working on Jedi Master difficulty, nearing Doom Giver, but I can't get past the sneaking part...

Archived