Home

Angry, Extremly Angry With Developers

FreeStyler

:mad:

As u can see from my facial expression i am very, VERY angry.

I have only just purchased the game ( literally today ) and already have run into problems, annoying, buggy problems when cheap game developers cant be ***** to debug there games properly.

My problem goes as follows

On the second level there is a part in the level where you must run into a room full of poison gas into the two officers there and steal one of there key cards to open the glass panel behind you and start the droid control.

I know this because I read it in not one BUT THREE walkthroughs.

Every time i go in i run over both bodys EXTENSIVELY to check for cards. I can find none. I then choke to death on the gas and have to quick load.

When i say i have tried all that i would have thought possible, i really do mean EVERYTHING i think would be possible.

1) just running over the bodys

2)crouching over the bodys

3)running over and hammering the action button

4)croching over and hammering the action button

5)Slamming my fist through the moniter screaming. YOU CHEAP ******** I SPEND £35 ON YOUR SHODDY GAME JUST FOR IT TO **** UP IMMEDIATLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6) cheating, yes i have tried and all it said was "cheats are not accepted on this server. ********.

So please Mr Developers prove that i'm just a ranting rude British ****** who clearly doesn't know the first thing about games, and tell me what i've done wrong. If not SEND ME MY ************* MONEY IN COMPENSATION FOR YOUR CHEAP EXUSE OF DEBUGGING.

ANGRY AS THE FLAMES OF HELL

FreeStyler.

And yes it is the developers fault, so no sympathy from the likes of all the people whos games work.

:mad:

[Edit - Stormy - rants, especially insulting rants, aren't welcome here. You may well be experiencing problems with the game, as others have, but shouting and swearing about it is not likely to attract an appropriate response. :cool: ]

thats funny, millions of copies of the game work fine, your doesn't .... wow, those developers really are cheap aren't they?

and you were wrong about the execution of the cheats, might you also be wrong about the execution of the mission all together? .. :fett:

Wow swamp, what game did you play? You read any topics in any forums? Lots of people are having horrendous problems. All Raven says is that "it should work fine". What if it doesn't work fine? Eh, who cares, screw us. It's supposed to work fine, but it doesn't. I guess that's our fault that we don't happen to have their computers.

Originally posted by FreeStyler

[b5)Slamming my fist through the moniter screaming. YOU CHEAP BASTARDS I SPEND £35 ON YOUR SHODDY GAME JUST FOR IT TO **** UP IMMEDIATLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes it is the developers fault, so no sympathy from the likes of all the people whos games work.

:mad: [/b]

That you have paid 35£ for the game does not mean that it should work on your computer! Read the requirements and if they fit your machine, have some patience and experience the game. That's what this is all made for!

If you truly are a friend of Starwars, you would not run out for a cheat patch or something like that.

I know that if you are stuck at something, it is easy to get annoyed or angry, but this forum will try to help if you get too stuck, without giving you a 'walkthrough'. That would not give you any gaming feeling if you ran through the game like a 'god' :)

Hope you get things working again! I truly does, because this is the best SW released in a long time!

THANX LucasArts & Raven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Wow swamp, what game did you play? You read any topics in any forums? Lots of people are having horrendous problems. All Raven says is that "it should work fine". What if it doesn't work fine? Eh, who cares, screw us. It's supposed to work fine, but it doesn't. I guess that's our fault that we don't happen to have their computers."

Actually considering how many people must have purchased this game by now, the number complaining it doesn't work here is a very tiny percentage.

Here's something to think about. I've never heard of a PC game in the last five years that worked perfectly on all combinations of PC hardware & software, straight out of the box without a patch. Anyone who thinks producing such a game espeacily one that uses high end graphics, is possible is dreaming.

It is simpley not possible for any company to test on every possible hardware/software combination. Why? Well there are millions of possible combinations.

If it doesn't work on your system either report the bugs along with your systems specs like a reasonable person and wait to see if it's patched or return the game and get a refund form the outlet you bought it from.

Ranting is some what pointless, just as expecting a game to have been tested on all hardware/software combinations is pointless. If you don't want to worry about compatability issues then I suggest buying a console.

FreeStyler...As I said in the edit of your post, ranting is not appreciated here. Of course we're sorry to hear about your problems with the game...I too have experienced some of the more notorious bugs...and it is unfortunate certain bugs slipped through the testing phase unnoticed. However, hardly any games released in recent times are totally bug free, largely for the reasons BooJediHamster outlined above, so it is not totally unexpected.

There have been some problems identified with corrupted save games, and this may be another example. As CaptainRave suggested, restarting the level is often the best option when you have tried everything else. It means you are starting from a clean slate, with everything properly reset, so to speak, so I would recommend anyone experiencing problems to try this tactic first.

Of course, feel free to post about any bugs you do find in the game...giving details of the nature of the bug, where it is, how you can duplicate it (if possible), and your system specs, in case it is hardware related. Just try to do so in an objective manner, without needlessly insulting the developers or other members.

Thanks. :cool:

LOL, I'm sorry, but did you EVER think that you weren't MEANT to go into that room with the poison around?

rofl

Try looking around the level. In the room before, you find a panel that let's you control one of those little mini-bots that scuttle across the ground. Just use the bot, drive around the poison room until you find a vent in the wall, drive through there. You'll eventually find a button that turns OFF the poison. Then you walk in.

No cheats needed.

Archived