Boba Fett Model

BloodRiot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ten Tigers

My entries...

Kobrakai (red)

isn't that from G.I. Joe. hahaha. i'm pretty sure it was. those skins look so f1_1ckin good. when do you think you will have the Boba with the cape and braids?

:anakin::lsduel::dsaber::duel::mob:

I FINALY figured out what it is that looks...off about the skin. Its too damn light! Take the brightness down a notch and take a look at it in game, I think it would look better. It would accentuate (sp?) the shadows on the undergarments better.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

umm...... ive been drooling over your models/skins (very nice) and i noticed in the last pic post that on boba, his jeans extrude where armor shouldent be, just thought i'd point that out

P.S.

the "gold" skin dosent look really gold..., more like popcorn

Originally posted by FreeCrwCPJ

isn't that from G.I. Joe. hahaha. i'm pretty sure it was

It does sound like it doesnt it? But no. I just spun something kool sounding.

If anything, Kobrakai= Venomous Snake Spirit

In a mangled Japamerican sorta way...

One more thought. Once Jango is released, it will make waiting on Boba a lot easier.

Something to slate our Mandalorian thirst if you will...

Although I am still anticipating Boba Fett a lot more than Jango. But that is just the classic fanboy in me...:fett:

Originally posted by camnron

KOBRAKAI IS THE NAME OF THE RIVAL DOJO IN THE KARATE KID MOVIE

REMEMBER "KOBRAKAI NEVER DIE"

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO REALIZED THIS NAME WASNT ORIGINAL

Cobra Kiai dojo. I know your excited because you finally got to make a point but please try to avoid exaggeration. Kobrakai is my creation based on the above listed reason. It is a play on two words from two different languages, both of which are misspelled.

P.S. Your caps lock is stuck. Or were you trying to be annoying?

WELL ONCE AGAIN I PROVE MY POINT. THERE IS ONE IN EVERY FORUM.... ITS FUNNY THAT YOU ONLY RESPONDED TO MY REPLY ABOUT YOUR NAME WHEN ABOUT 5 OTHER PEOPLE KNEW IT WASNT ORIGINAL. WAS THIS BECAUSE I ACTUALLY KNEW WHERE THIS PLAGERISTIC IDEA CAME FROM... AND WHERE WAS MY POST

EXAGGERATED? WAS THE EXAGGERATION ON THE PART WHERE I REVEALED YOUR NAME WAS UNORIGINAL.. BY THE WAY I KNOW MY CAPS LOCK IS ON.... HOW DO YOU LIKE MY POST.

WHEN YOU WANT TO DEFEND YOURSELF DONT BE AN ASS ABOUT IT.. YOUR IGNORANCE SHINES THROUGH YOUR IMAGINATION...

Dark Deciple, email me at Absath@ignmail.com and we'll talk. you may be right...we'll see. Mike Gummelt just replied to my email and told me that there was no way to apply environmental effects to only part of a texture. So id like to take a look at your shader, and see which one of you is right.

As for those of you popping in to tell us that the Boba Fett model isnt accurate (i.e. cape, braids, cargo pockets) i really wish you'd take a moment to read =P i stated on that very post that that was not the finished boba fett model, and both bloodriot and I have mentioned several times in the past that we are including all of those things on boba.

Thejackal noticed that the gold and crimson warriors dont have jetpacks. this is true and intended. As far as i know, we have no proof that the jetpack was part of the original armor setup. And it seems rather unlikely to me that there was an entire army of those guys, all running around with jetpacks. if anyone can prove me wrong, ill toss the packs back on.

and as for the release date...."soon" is the best i can do =P.

-Abs

Absath, have you tried contacting Raven about the shaders?

They've been super helpful to me and Monkey. I'd bet they'd give you all the info you need.

Also if you go to B Dalton Bookstores right now theyre giving away a free little mag with any SW book purchase right now, and there's a SUPER DETAILED layout of Boba Fett, you may find useful.

Dark Deciple, whoah! That pic of Kyle you posted looks like the Phantom of the Opera. :)

Absath, thank you for your last message to me. Your apology wasn't necessary, but it was pleasantly unexpected and impressive. I apologize, too, if anything I may have said in defense seemed a little sharp. You modelers are really doing a fine job over there.

About the skins, if you just desaturate the green on Jango's shirt and gloves a bit, I think you'll be okay. Brown has a touch of red in it, and I'm not sure if I'd move in that direction. Think...um...jade? Beautiful otherwise!

Oh, and this is to everyone on the forum... Don't forget to pick up the JKII patch on jediknightii.net. Multiplayer bots are greatly improved, and lightsaber battles are a lot more cinematic with blocks being easier. You can't just win with strong stance any more! ;)

If you're actually looking for other names guys, I'd have to vote for Fenn Shysha (from the old Marvel Comics Star Wars series).

'course, that name is from back when Boba Fett was still considered to have parted from the Mandalorian Defenders, before a "canon" backstory had really been established. But still, it's one of my favorite all-time EU-style characters... (Imagine a Scott in the armor & you've all but got him!)

I can't remember the third guy's name, though...there were supposedly only three of them left, Boba, Fenn, and ..... ARGH, gonna have to hunt through my closets to find that old comic now!!! :)

Originally posted by DaJo Kesea

Oh, and this is to everyone on the forum... Don't forget to pick up the JKII patch on jediknightii.net. Multiplayer bots are greatly improved, and lightsaber battles are a lot more cinematic with blocks being easier. You can't just win with strong stance any more! ;)

Ha, I reinstalled JK2 to get rid of that patch.

Originally posted by camnron

BLAH,BLAH,BLAH...

Instead of being another drop in an endless sea of internet jackasses, why dont you submit something yourself. Oh thats right, your busy trying to make a point with capital letters.

Here is how it's gonna go. You are gonna pissoff and mind your own business, and I am going to go back to contibuting something usefull to this thread. Cause if all you are going to do is harass people, the mods are quite capable of dealing with it.

Now if you cant come up with a name for the contest, or suggestions for the Jango/Boba Fett model, in that sea of useless capital letters then please seek life elswhere. The Valley of the Jedi seems to be somewhat of a Troll haven, go hang out there or something.

Originally posted by Pedantic

Ha, I reinstalled JK2 to get rid of that patch.

I've never been one for "not patching" a game, program, anything, just because patches usually mean a step forward, but what do I know, I've only been playing games for a decade and a half...

Originally posted by Absath

if anyone can prove me wrong, ill toss the packs back on.

To BloodRiot and Absath, once again I'm gonna say great job on the models and skins, but I'm also gonna say don't listen TOO much to all of us yahoos out here... A little creative criticism is good sometimes, but ya can't please everybody all the time, I guess. Besides, it's your guys' creations, if you feel strongly about the directions they should take, it's your guys' call. Besides, most of us'll support your decisions either way.

:wedge:

I know it may not seem like it, but I agree with MadCowRunner. You guys don't have to listen to us (especially me) if you don't want to. Presonally, I'm very happy that you are willing to accept criticism, and are generally friendly to the rough Star Wars crowd. But if there's something you think should be a certain way, and you think we're all just a bunch of loonies...well, do what you think is best and stick with it. It's YOUR work of art. :)

As for the JKII patch, I found it pleasantly surprising! It caused a problem with single player, but I found that one of my models was corrupt. I deleted it and everything works fine. My sound card is EAX compatible and now with the new support supplied by the patch, it really does sound like blaster bolts are flying around me. MP is most impressive, though. The bots act *almost* like single player Jedi, except for their cowardliness when their health runs low.

One last note, please support the mature, pleasant, non-verbally-violent use of these forums. Sithlord's first thread turned into a mad house, and we don't need any of that here. Keep up the good work, BloodRiot and Absath. (Sorry for all the long-winded posts.)

Well, if theres going to be a split off in the community for people who like the patch and dont.. if you own a server.. PUT THAT IN THE TITLE.. put 1.00 or as i rather prefer if you dont upgrade *TARDASS* put that in your server name a good example would be Gonk's whore...err fun house *TARDASS*

Archived