Home

Strong Stance 1 hit kill rant!

Awol

This is a rant and thats all it is. I hate teh Strong Stance 1 hit kill. But let me state its not the premiss of the 1 hit kill, they can keep that there along with strong stance the way it is. But for the love of god atleast make the SS 1 hit kill hit to get a one hit kill!!!!!!!

I love dying instantly just because someone jumped over me with their own lightsaber behind them, or better yet having them go off to the side of me way out of reach for my saber but yet it can hit me.

I don't hate the 1 hit kill move. Its to so slow and you can see it coming from a mile away, I just hate the fact that it doesn't need to hit to kill.

End of my rant, ignore me or flame me like I care.

Awol

just jump back and it won't hit you......as i said in another post, it's so slow and easy to see that's it's easy to avoid.....i've fought one guy who just kept on using it and i just go on medium and attack, back up attack, back up, not my fault that they're to stupid to stop using it

I see what he's saying. More than any other move it seems to hit you even when the blade isnt touching, so it can be at the end of the move, you think you've dodged it, and you move forward and die for some odd reason. And it also seems to kill you if the blade just *tickles* you.

I think what he's saying is sure- keep the move, but make the damage a bit more accurate for it, because at the moment it doesnt seem to work right.

i dont know, i dotn seem to have any more problems than with sabre throw or other stance swings... when i get hit by a sabre throw that passed 10 feet from me, i dont feel bad Strong Stancing the thrower:D plus, a good thrower can keep you at bay and eventially kill ya as long as you dont have heal... so i guess i dont think i see anything wrong with the way it is... if you play on a LAN then the outragious reach of the sabre is greatly reduced, lag is a big part...

3 problems I have with red stance:

1. it does 100% health dammage. I can see it doing 95 health damage, but 100 is too strong.

2. It can hit farther than the blade. Too often have I been a good 10 (in game) feet from another player only to have his swing kill me.

3. You can rotate durring the SS one hit kill move. I would have no problems with this normally, but if the blade is on the ground and it stubs you on the toe, or you step on it, then you die. All the strong stance player has to do is keep it pointed at you the whole time and you cant coutner with your saber.

Now you may sugest saber throw, yes this is how I kill these people, that and push, but what about no force servers? It makes leapNoobs virtual drednaughts (sp?).

you shouldn’t have to always step back it should be possible to step sideways out of range of the one dimensional down stroke and yet still be in range to hit with a horizontal slash.

unfortunately this is not the case.

after some experimentation you have to move out almost 1 1/2 times the width of th character (despite the "fact" that the lightsabre is only and inch wide) and then move back in to connect with your side slash.

to much.

this attack should be devastating, but it should also leave you wide open for a counter attack if you miss.

As everyone here says, there are plenty of ways to avoid being slashed. The one time it did annoy me though, on a duel server. I had only just entered the arena. I walked up to my opponent, he bowed, I bowed. I looked at him again, activated my saber and got annihalated by the special move before I could even jump out of the way. He'd counted on me bowing after him to get the advantage. Tricky, tricky, tricky... I'll think twice about bowing to someone now.

I normally only bow to people after having fought them a few times. A few people have claimed that bowing is masturbatory nonsense... to me it is like showing your respect for the other person playing. Like saying good game or good fight, without the typing.

Bla, bla, bla, bla... stop telling these people this Nill, why should anyone give a hamsters behind... bibblebibble large soda monkey sausage roll.

Sounds like Lag-related hit detection problems to me. (the original poster at leats)

As to the 1 hit special attack..... Start a Bot match and see how hard it is to land that sucker. Whooowee....

I have the exact opposite problem with the SS move, someone has to hit me square on the head to kill me with it, I've never once been killed by that move in what appeared to be a hit detection error, on the other hand, I've hit people square in the head with it, watched my saber pass thru the length of their body from head to toe, and not gotten a "hit" on them.

the only thing I can think of is lag affecting what each person is seeing. my wife and I network our computers and play against eachother all the time, and even with both of us on my server with a "0" or "1" ping, we see things on our screen completely different sometimes. I'll see her as all the way across the arena, and on her screen, I'm right beside her.

dunno, it sucks, but there's not much that can be done about lag affecting what's being displayed on your screen.

<edit> I do agree that you shouldn't be able to turn once you've landed the SS, that makes it alot easier to get a kill with it, especially since you can keep turning to face an attacker during the "recovery" period, and then just back flip away quickly </edit>

the purple one

D66....? what should I be checking for? we both have the exact same NIC cards, and both of them are brand new and "appear" to be working perfectly......is there a setting I can change or some way I can check the packet loss between the network?

the purple one

Originally posted by toolboi

3 problems I have with red stance:

1. it does 100% health dammage. I can see it doing 95 health damage, but 100 is too strong.

No, it's not too strong. Just go get a shield pack. Or use force protection. Even level 1 protection will keep you from dying on the first hit. Oh, and then there's that blocking thing.

2. It can hit farther than the blade. Too often have I been a good 10 (in game) feet from another player only to have his swing kill me.

That's the effects of lag. On their screen, you would have appeared right where they swung.

3. You can rotate durring the SS one hit kill move. I would have no problems with this normally, but if the blade is on the ground and it stubs you on the toe, or you step on it, then you die. All the strong stance player has to do is keep it pointed at you the whole time and you cant coutner with your saber.

Now you may sugest saber throw, yes this is how I kill these people, that and push, but what about no force servers? It makes leapNoobs virtual drednaughts (sp?).

Here I agree with you. I think the move needs to stay in, but getting killed by running over a blade that's buried in the floor far enough so that it's no longer visible is pretty dumb.

No, it's not too strong. Just go get a shield pack. Or use force protection. Even level 1 protection will keep you from dying on the first hit. Oh, and then there's that blocking thing.

First off, if your a dark jedi you dont have protection, and Im coming from duel games, which is what Im commenting on. In FFA the slowness of the red stance tends to balence out better due to things like guns :D

(Seriously, some one red stancing you just pull out the flechet or repeater and do primary fire).

Now let me explain the exact problem with doing 100% damage, the problem springs from heal...

If you have two people playing, and they both have heal, and one is using red stance, barring some fluke of fortune or massive combo (which RARELY happens) the red stance player will win. Why? As each player heals whenever they get hit it takes a one hit kill move to kill either of them. The yellow or blue stance player can slash as much as they want only to have all their dammage negated by heal, and then be killed by some lucky or lagged shot from the red stance player.

This also happens with drain, but not to the same extent as you can usually only fully heal once with drain before you have to recharge.

Now if you took out one hit kills it would make the grounds even, the yellow player could heal as well and thus would have a chance. Further the prementioned lag wouldnt be a problem because it just means that youd have to do heal.

The only problem I see from my idea is that people would start using a heavy+lightning combo which would be VERY irritating, but it would still give you a chance as they would not then be able to heal.

A thought about blocking... I haven't yet figured out what heavy stance attacks are safe to block(I rarely see them successfully blocked) and which aren't, therefore I just try to avoid the swings entirely.

If you see that sluggish SS swing dive move coming your way, which is unblockable, move well out of it's way and to the sides. Since this move can even hit you while it's in the ground I suggest being cautious while approaching someone when they are vulnerable after the attack. Hitting them with a swing from behind would probably safest. Like someone already said, push is a good counter, just don't get confused and use pull cause that can't end in any positive way. A good counter to the dive is to just back up out of there radius then plant a dive on them when they are vulnerable.

i think it's a combo of lag and hit box probs... oh well...

and what's all this about it being too powerful?! isnt it the point of SS to be mroe powerful than yellow/blue? and if u have shields it most likely wont be a 1-hit death...

Like i said in another thread, Red stance is fine as it is, its the move that has to get changed.

Most of reds move take more 'skill' to use then other stances, because the moves are so slow to come out, and recover from. You can flail about wildly with blue/yellow but you cant with red. The continous twirling attacks that are the staple of yellow/blue are absent from red, and you have to at least make each slash count.

BUT, the downward slash is too powerful. I dont mind the fact its unblockable, or kills in one hit, but the range is too wide and theres almost no recovery time(you step out of the way to make sure that the slash cant hit you, by the time you step back in the animations done and he can easily escape from your attacks). So a player can pretty much use this over and over again, and just hope for a lucky hit, with very little care. Which makes for a boring match.

Again, my problem with it is in no force saber servers. In ffa just pull out the repeater;). However, it no excuse...the saber stances should be balanced all around;)

I Love it when the strong stance guys use that move... Yeah I got killed every time they did it at first, but once I got the timing down they don't have a chance.

1. Conserve force.

2. Watch them set up for the "Kill"

3. Roll forward under their strike.

4. Turn and saber throw into their backside.

5. Gloat on YOUR kill!!!

Muhahaha

Gavin

Archived