Home

Jabba's palace

danrobjim

Hi, I'm currently working on a level based on Jabba's palace on Tatooine, but as we don't get to see a lot of the place I was wondering what (apart from the stuff in the films, that's all going in) you would like to see in it. There's go to to be a lot of staff/slave/guest quarters, and I thought maybe a torture chamber or two but I don't want every room to be the same.

Anyone got any ideas of other stuff to put in?

A little mini-arena that Jabba would use when he didn't wanna feed people to the rancor, but still wanted a fight to the death? Complete with a Dias and everything.

Something that might give you some ideas is that Jabba's Palace was a Temple for monks before Jabba got it. One of the monks is in RotJ, he's that little spider thing. His brain is in the glass bowl, and that was all part of a ritual to become more 'one' with god, by giving up your corporeal body as much as you are able.

Later!

Seth

Remember Dark Forces, Kyle Katarn's first adventure? Jabba's Palace was in that game. It went through quite a bit of the palace, but it wasn't very detailed due to the lack of graphical accelerators at the time. Go back and check out that game and see if it doesn't help for ideas.

Remember that most of those aliens you see in the palace pretty much live there full-time, so that gives lots of ideas:

-Mess hall (for meals)

-Bar (perhaps several)

-Gambling den

-Armory

-Bib Fortuna's offices

-Quarters (some sleep in the throne room, but probably only when Jabba does, and that's probably not all the time -- definitely there should be a harem for the dancers, where Mara was stuck when Luke was out on the barge)

How about a vehicle bay and repair shop, where the barge and skiffs would be when Jabba's at home, as well as other vehicles. Remember, Jabba's a smuggling magnate, and lots of bounty hunters and smugglers hang out around the palace -- I don't imagine that they all land in Mos Eisley and speeder out to the palace, so he probably has extensive starship landing areas.

Just a few ideas to get you going!

~JediMouse~

Jabba's pallace is his home, so think of what is in all those big villas famous people have.

there may be a large bath or a swimming pool (because on a desert planet like Tatooine water is a sign of power)!

maybe he has an indoor garden with lots of plants...

Originally posted by joshiaparra

def should have smaller skiffs outside and the one w/ the gangplank and pit of sarlaac u can fall into and die

Shouldn't the Sarlacc Pit be saved for maybe a Dune Sea Map? The Sarlacc really wasn't part of Jabba's Palace :)

But anyway, I think you should put in the droid "torture" room (where they brought Artoo and C3PO

Ok, I've finished the basic layout of the palace (I've decided not to use the one from Dark Forces, and start again from scratch), There's no textures on it yet and so the lighting will probably change a lot when it's finished, but if you want to download it (for Quake III) and look, and let me know what you think of the layout then please do. Constructive critism only please... I'm fragile :)

I'm hoping to release it as a single player map (as soon as I learn how!), the basic storyline will be that after Kyle and Jan leave Luke at the end of JO they're caught by the Hutt now living in the palace and imprisoned. Kyle will have to fight his way out, rescue Jan and escape.

You can download the file from:

http://www.geocities.com/jabbaoutcast/jabba.zip

There was an extensive set of levels in MOTS which played through all of Jabba's Palace if I'm not mistaken. Mabey some architectural ideas and texture work can be 'borrowed' from it (though I didn't feel that the levels were perticularily good)

I'd love to see some jabba's palace rooftops.

Jumpin around on those big round towers would be fun.

:jawa

Archived