Home

What New Civilizations Would You Like To See Made.

TheMightyJim2k

I had never heard of them before Ep. I so I'm pretty sure that they were made for Ep. I.

As for the many X-Pacs, if I'm not mistaken that's what the plan was all along-they'd start the game with a few civs (six in this case) and then keep improving the game with a series of X-Pacs.

As for OFFICIAL proof check the Welcome! thread in the Developers forum.

EDIT: I beleive Greedo is Rodian.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can think of a whole lot civs that would be awsome here's a few and I can think of some basic bonuses for them and a ecosystem too as Mighty Jim said.

Corellians

Bonuses:

Air Bases work 20% Faster than the standard

Fighters and Bombers 5% are cheaper to build

Corellian Jedi get every research except Jedi/Sith Purge and Force Strong.

Only gets Holonet Transceiver at Spaceport

Unique Bonuses

Mass Production: All Mechs, Airbases units and Heavy Weapons

are created 5% faster. Researched at Airbase

Excel Pilot: Doubles Advanced Flight School in T4

Ecosystem: Unique Predator: Corellian Sand Panther. It would have a green landscape with alot of water as much water as

Mon Calamari but maybe four oceans and at least one inland sea.

I can think of a whole lot civs that would be awsome here's a few and I can think of some basic bonuses for them and a ecosystem too as Mighty Jim said. Also a possible Unit Strengh and Weakness (in lack of better terms) on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being da best 1 da worst. I wan't to know if this makes sense so place critize all you want.

Corellians (Mostly humans)

Bonuses:

Air Bases work 20% Faster than the standard

Fighters and Bombers 5% are cheaper to build

Corellian Jedi get every research except Jedi/Sith Purge and Force Strong.

Only gets Holonet Transceiver at Spaceport

Unique Bonuses

Mass Production: All Mechs, Airbases units, ships and Heavy Weapons are created 5% faster. Researched at Warcenter in T3.

Exceled Pilot: Doubles Advanced Flight School in T4

Ecosystem: Unique Predator: Corellian Sand Panther. It would have a green landscape with alot of water as much water as

Mon Calamari but maybe four oceans and at least one inland sea.

Unique Unit: Maybe a YT-1300 Frieghter or something like it.

Units Strengh & weaknesses:

Air Craft 5

Mechs 4

Troops 1

Heavy Weapons 4

Anti Air 2

Ships 3.5

Endorians (not just Ewoks I want Teeks!)

Bonuses:

All buildings get 10% percent + to all buildings (due to the fact there suppose to be in the trees)

Can Build Buildings onto trees (maybe include something like Kashyyyk trees for CC and Fortress).

5% Weaker Troopers and Mechs.

Gets invisible prefab shelders (built into trees)

Unique bonuses:

Steal Tech: You get to pick one of your enemies techs and use it for your own civ. Research at Fortress in T3

Teek Agility: all Troopers get 10% more speed in T2.

Ecosysten: Unique Predator: Gorax. Trees, a little water and more trees.

Unique Unit: Ewok Elite Warrior (A ewok who chucks stone axes at people very strong versus troops)

Uints Strengh & Weaknesses

Air Craft 2

Mechs 2.5

Troops 5

Heavy Weapons 4

Anti Air 2

Ships 3

Bothans

Bonuses:

Bothan Spynet Free

Bothan Spynet comes in T3

Troops are made 10% faster

Heavy Weapons are 5% easer to kill with lasers.

Unique Bonuses:

Colonization: Lets your workers build buildings 10% faster. Research at CC in T3.

Unirail System: Makes all units except Heavy Weapons have 15% more speed in T4.

Politcal Embarassment: Takes 2x more nova for enemy players to research Bothan Spynet.

Ecosystem: Bothawui: Unique Predator: Krak'jya and ral. Moutainus with grassy plains two polar caps at least 3 major continents and a lot of inland seas. Kothlis: Unique Preator: myntor & millitile. Unique Food animal Ganjukos. 1 Large Continent with two polar caps.

Unique Unit: Bothan UniMech (a very fast Mech Destroyer with a okay attack versus units not as strong as a Strike Mech).

Unit Strength & Weaknesses

Air Craft 3

Mechs 4

Troops 5

Heavy Weapons 3

Anti Air 2

Ships 2.3

I would like a Mon Cal/Quarren Civ to but I'm to lazy maybe with a ship for a unique unit.

I want your Critiziam too!

:ewok::tessek:

Originally posted by DashRendar

I had never heard of them before Ep. I so I'm pretty sure that they were made for Ep. I.

As for the many X-Pacs, if I'm not mistaken that's what the plan was all along-they'd start the game with a few civs (six in this case) and then keep improving the game with a series of X-Pacs.

As for OFFICIAL proof check the Welcome! thread in the Developers forum.

EDIT: I beleive Greedo is Rodian.

Dash, do you mean Greetings! ?

Originally posted by Influenza

Wow, we haven't had one of these topics in a few days. I was getting worried...

Wow that was real encouraging. It's threads like these that are keeping these forums alive.

And as for the unoriginal idea: there have been many X-Pac Ideas thread, but none asking for anything so peticular as civs you wanna see!

That would be cool to have the Ssi-Ruuk I was thinking about them after I submited my other post sorry about the weird corellian thing twice I don't understand that.

They could have something like 25% less expencive power cores and a unique unit that sucks the life out of people and charges up a personal shield for like 5 min. That would be cool. Maybe they would have some kind of new building that disable stuff and everyone shoots blue blots instead of red and green. It might be hard to make so many changes for one civ though. One thing to keep in mind would be what would they ride for mounts. They're already lizards. It would be funny to see them riding the lesser slave race they had ahhh the..._____. How would they have Jedi too? If you remember they killed both Imps and New Rebuplic ships and troops. What do you think they would have.

I was just watching Episode 1 the other day, and i thought to myself "I wonder what the races of all of these alien pilots are?" For example does anyone know what race Ben Quadrinaros, or Odi Mandrell are?

Any other pilot races would be interesting to know as well, and does anyone know whether these civs could be incoporated into the game?

Oh and does anyone have some ideas for the Ewoks other than as a combined Civ of Endorians, because in the movie it seemed as though the Ewoks lived alone (i guess that could be all part of the campaign, to get the Ewoks and the Teeks working together).

OK, I can see the Corellians, even the Moc Cal, but we are starting to get into the weeds here with obscure races that will make one or two cameo appearances. The pod race species? Dugs? Come on! We need established races that dont have to be built from scratch.

I think making a Corellian civ would kick tail and the ideas listed are great! The Mon Cal would be good as well, although I am not a huge Ackbar fan.

No Ewoks, come on now, we dont need that, do we?

I am sure that as soon as Ep 3 is getting close to release there will be some new races that will be submitted and can be expanded upon. Heck in the Wookie campaigns there are quite a few Trandoshan warriors and buildings that could be expanded on and created into a civ!

Just my two cents.

Fido

I very practicle comment and while it is appreciated fido, these threads and posts are for anyone to put up any idea of something they would like to see. Even if it is unrealistic and probably isnt going to happen, it doesnt mean that we shouldnt post about it, and maybe in the process get a few good ideas. I am sure there are a lot of really good mod makers out there who could take some of these ideas and possibly do something with them, but its narrowmindedness that slows down the forums, not speeds it up. I think the best discussions are those run like a free market of ideas where a post and thread can take the conversation anywhere that the member desires. Just my opinion, but please dont stop posting fido because a new post regardless of what it says is always better than an old post :)

oh and i really do think that ewoks could make a cool civ, as well as tusken raiders. Maybe not an entire 4 tech level civ, but one that could be partially made to advance to tech level 2 or something and could be used for fun in multiplayer, or as a key roleplayer in future x-pacs.

Who would play a civ that could only advance to Tech 2? I mean then the only air defense you have is Anti-Air Troopers, which are so easily destroyed it's not even funny. Plus your strongest weapon would most likely be your Mounted Trooper, or perhaps the Jedi. Either way a good air assault can wipe out even the most strong Tech 2 Civ.

Ok well i see your point about not advancing all the way in tech levels but let me try to re-adjust my idea. Take a somewhat unadvanced civilization like the Tusken Raiders or the Ewoks,

1. Give them very cheap units that are produced at a faster rate, but they arent as strong and their upgrades arent as effective.

2. Give them some type of specialty to their prefab shelters, such as mobile prefabs for the tusken or hidden or raised prefabs for the ewoks.

3. Give them mechs based on animals instead of machinery such as the Gungans.

4. Limit or remove their air capabilities. Now this might leave you to believe they would be crushed without a chance at victory, but the whole point of these civs would be to beat their enemies in tech 2. They would be the ultimate rush and surprise tactic civs. Maybe an upgrade such as camo or something that allows them to hide when in a certain radius of trees, and units that were produced so quickly and so cheaply that the other civs would just be trying to hold on until tech 3 when most likely the Ewoks or Tuskens would have to turn to a stronger ally or attempt to constantly harass to prevent air buildup.

Maybe this seems like it would be taking GB in a different direction, but this could be what is needed to spice up multiplay or bring a whole new player base to the game that enjoys using a whole range of available strategies. Before you just dismiss it as outlandish or silly think about it, and then criticize and tell me and everyone else how it could be improved, or your idea that is totally different would be better.

Thanks for continued input on this thread i am really enjoying this.

Archived