An adventure in Mrear: A fantasy RPG

Deac

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trog#1: Dey have mages!

Trog#2: Our mage dead!

Trog#3: Chief will save us!

*Starfor gets up and runs at the chieftan, blocks his club and stabs him in the side*

Trog#2: No chief! Run!

*The villagers cheer and help their new heroes up. They are served a free round of drinks. The mayor then comes to them*

Mayor: You two mages: For slaying the mage, the town presents you with these magical rings: One will make you see any evil prescene, the other will allow you to heal anyone with it's touch once per day.

And to your, Starfor, take this holy symbol of Tyron, god of the mountain. Our priests have given it His holy boon.

*Kejim smirks at Starfor's gift and accepts the rings, even though he doesn't need them. He simply hands them to his ward.*

Kejim: Congratulations, Arthur. Your first magical gifts.

Arthur: But Master...I have done nothing to earn them.

Kejim: Nevertheless I have no use for them. Take them.

Arthur: *takes them...he knows better than to argue things over too much with Kejim*

Kejim: You will earn them with your use of them.

Those trogs didn't just decide to attack. Something is amiss here. The local barbarians may know what is going on. I think we should make for them. We'll have to take the snowy pass of Sal-dar and keep going that way for a day or so.

Are you in?

[OOS: By all RPG standards our party is a little thin, to seeing as you have 2 chars, so will I]

The party make a short trek through an oddly quiet, snowy pass to the barbarian village. There, all species are welcome, and the party sees such odd sights as elves and orcs living in peace. The party are introduced to the village's shaman, Jolider.

Jolider: I have seen many bad things. Evil in swirling clouds coming from fires below the mountain of Tzar. It is in the abandoned Dwarven mines where you will find it. Look there, and you will perhaps find what it is you seek...

But we're not currently seeking anything.

Jolider: It is the force that makes Troglodeyetes perform suicide attacks. It is the force that brought fire to the inside of the mountains...a fiendish thing. Go!

*As the party prepare to leave, a young dwarf comes to them*

Excuse me, but I heard you were going to the mines. I can help you. Name's Jorvak Highhammer, by the way. May I join you?

You seem like a uesful fellow, Jorvak. You can join with us.

Little does anyone yet know, but this dwarf will have a major part to play in the events long after Starfor's adventures...

*The party make their way to the entrance to the cave. A stench of sulphur exudes from the hole...*

*Arthur smells the sulfur* I smell evil, Master...

Kejim: No, you smell rock. There is no evil in the rock. The evil we search for is in the heart of the mountain. *looks to Starfor* Shall we descend? Or do you wish to turn back?

A paladin never turns from evil!

Jorvak: And a dwarf never leaves an oath!

Palllladinnn? I haaaate Pallladinnnssss. Weeeee alllll dooooo. Iiiii feeeeeast on yourrrr flesssssh!

*Without warning, a large demon drops from the roof of the cave. It has huge claws and produces the reek of sulphur*

Arrh! Demon! Type 2 if I'm not mistaken! *Turns to mages* Water spells would be helpful here-then normal weapons can piece it's aura of flame!

*Suddenly, Starfor's new blade begins to glow a firery red. Starfor draws it, and charges at the demon. The demon shrieks in fear:*

Aiee! Carsmoyr....demonnnn baaaaane! Noooooooo! Pleeeeeas!

Return to the hells, filth!

*Starfor stabs the demon and it explodes. Something about this sword makes it effective against demons..*

Jorvak: I say we go in!

Agreed. Type two demons don't just go wherever they please. They are normally bonded to a place by a magic. Something's down there...

AND IT'S COMING UP TO US!!

*A horde of lizardmen charges up from the tunnels...*

*Kejim chain lightnings several of the wet creatures. Arthur starts forward but Kejim holds him back*

K: Let's not reveal your abilities quite yet.

A: But Master! There's too many of them!

K: Nevertheless, you will not be needed...yet.

*The lizardmen all run. Something appears to be crawling from the darkness. A maralith, a demon with the lower body of a snake and the upper body of a four-armed woman, a poweful magickal demon, enters the scene. And laughs.*

[There's not really a lot to know. But in future, I'll place some stats for each monster using my strat guide for BG2:SOA.

Maralith:Only piece of useful info (And not game blabble) is that they like poison and magic.]

Kejim! Quick! An antimagic field would be good here!

*Starfor and Jorvak dodge blows and parry, but are unable to get a good hit*

Archived