Home

An adventure in Mrear: A fantasy RPG

Deac

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kejim: Careful! Luminus! *Kejim's staff lights up like a beacon, illuminating several silvery trapwires along the ground*

((OOS: Can't think of anything creative for this one---FORCE PAUSE RPG!! *RPG pauses* There we go :D))

Kejim: Be careful, Jorvak.

*Arthur begins to walk forward*

Kejim: No!!

*Too late, Arthur snags a tripwire. A wall slams down between them. Kejim and Starfor are cut off, leaving Jorvak and Arthur on the other side. Kejim and Starfor will have to find another way in...*

*Kejim swings his staff and shouts*

Ice!!

*A blast of ice shoots at the drow, who duck, letting the ice hit the altar*

----------

*Arthur raises his hands and a green energy blast rushes from his hands and smashes into the wall---and rebounds right back at him*

No! It's sealed by magical means!

*The dark altar is shattered, causing the priestesses to collapse and wither away. They are bound by the dark magic to the altar. A spidery apparation appears*

You dare destroy my altar....I send Kithhax to deal with you!

*A horde of drow and a massive spider emerge from the lower caverns...*

*Kejim swings his staff dramatically and the end glows white* I think not, foul creature---

*a voice comes from behind the spider* Oh, do cut the banter, Master Kejim.

*a ball of blue light shoots from the shadows and hits the spider. Kithhax dramatically explodes.

The originator steps into the light.

He is a seven foot tall, blue-green-skinned, winged, clawed, and tailed gargoyle. His face bears spiked brows, a double-spiked chin, glowing eyes, and scuplted, lean features on a powerful body. His hair flies about, swirling on top of his head to a drooping point, as if someone had neatly decorated his skull with whipped cream, changed it to hair, and permanently charged it with electricity. An evil smile laces a fanged mouth. He holds no weapon, only his hand carrying a ball of icy blue light.

Kejim recognizes him. K'Warra.

K'Warra: Yes, K'Warra. We meet again at last. Who's your friend?

*Starfor stands silent and angry. This demon is a powerful one, but there are more powerful avatars to deal with. Someday Starfor will be able to summon a planar being, and then he'll see whose boss.*

Kejim: *wearily* Simply, what is it?

K'Warra: Simply, your young friend stole something from me. I want it back.

Kejim: *raises an eyebrow*

K'Warra: Not this fine example of a lower being. The boy, Kejim. The one with the Emerald powers.

Kejim: "Emerald powers"?

K'Warra: You know of whom I speak...where is he?

Kejim: What do you believe he stole from you?

K'Warra: Something called the Cauldron of Life. Among other jewels and artifacts. I believe he used the Cauldron...to carry them away.

Kejim: *raises his eyebrows again* The Cauldron of Life?

Kejim: The Cauldron of Life is a very powerful magical artifact. It is called the Cauldron of Life, because if you put the correct brew in, and dip yourself in it, you will become immortal; you will live "as long as the mountain stones".

K'Warra: Immortality...never dying. What a fascinating concept, no?

You forget the afterlife...for a Paladin, death is recruitment into their god's holy army. I will be a Captain of Furro's Legion, but what becomes of you after Death? Can you have one

[Note: Creatures from the lower planes have no death. If they are killed away from their plane they return home, but if they are killed on their plane they are destroyed forever...]

((OOS: Kejim, Arthur, and K'Warra are from Earth; Termand Rwos' dimension. I'm not revealing everything...but K'Warra is still alive in Termand Rwos' time, several thousand years later, although they have never met.

K'Warra is the same species as Rwos actually; only a different race.))

*K'Warra grins disdainfully at Starfor* Of course, "Paladin".

Kejim: Since what time is the Cauldron one of your possessions?

K'Warra: Since its owner died.

Kejim: You killed the owner of the Cauldron of Life?

K'Warra: No, rather, he killed himself.

Kejim: So he didn't use the Cauldron? I presume he didn't know the potion...and you do?

K'Warra: Yes, I do indeed.

Kejim: What makes you think my apprentice stole this Cauldron?

Kejim: No Starfor! No!

*K'Warra raises his hand and a stream of bright blue energy bursts out. The energy catches Starfor in midstride, and K'Warra waves his hand to the side, throwing Starfor away against the wall.*

K'Warra: As you know, old wizard, my powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

*K'Warra throws another stream of energy at Kejim. Kejim raises his staff and absorbs the energy*

Kejim: I do not think so.

((OOS: :D))

-----------------------------------------------

#Meanwhile#

There is a place beyond the prime plane, where the gods themselves meet. The room is made enitrely of stars, save for the marble furniture and a model of the planes which all gods seem to be required to have. A meeting goes on between three of them:

And you think that this human is the right one?

We don't approve of the power you intend to give...

That is because you fear what Alminstar made...

Do not speak his name!

I will speak his name! He is my son and I do not care what you believe! I inspire more faith than a god whose worshippers fear the sun! It is done!

--------------------------------------------------

*Starfor lies in a heap against the rock, Carsmoyr broken in two, however, the roof of the cave appears to open, and a distant star like object falls to earth, revealed as a golden sword, lands perfectly into the rock before his hands. He takes it, and instantly feels courage, and a sense of companionship. He turns to the duelling K'Warra and charges again*

Archived