Home

Who would you like to be in an expansion?

Scarlet Widow

Who would you like to be in an expansion?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to be in an expansion?

• Kyle
    • Jan
    • Son/daughter of Kyle & Jan
    • Mara Jade
    • Tavion
    • Someone else (do tell!)
    • Kyles apprentice (Padawan)
    • Kyle + Another Character
    • Sith Lord
    • Sith Apprentice

Considering there will be an expansion..just to get an idea of what and who the story (considering there would be a story and it wouldn't be a "free form" type game but thats bloody unlikely; however would be great!) should, or rather what most people would like to see, revolve around.

I added a couple more options. :)

I'd want to play Kyle and another character, in a similar way to MotS...but with a very well developed storyline. This is where MotS fell down, IMO...although it was only supposed to be Companion Missions. If there were, perhaps, 8 SP levels in an expansion, with a solid story, it could be good. MotS had 14...but it was quite disjointed, and some of the levels were just stand-alone, contributing nothing to the overall plot (which totally switched after the asteroids were destroyed).

That way...they could provide a smooth transition between playing Kyle, and playing a different character in a full sequel game in the series.

From my POV, it would make a lot of sense if you start off in an Expansion as Kyle's Padawan - as long as it's set long enough after Jedi Outcast for Kyle to have decided to learn more of the Jedi ways, and become a Jedi Master (albeit a roguish one, even more outspoken than Qui-Gon Jinn).

You could start off with a level where the Padawan is Kyle's AI buddy, but then they have to part ways to complete certain objectives in order to achieve a common goal at the end. The Padawan would obviously have less force powers, at less levels, than Kyle. So Kyle's missions are harder in terms of opponents, etc., while the Padawan's levels are slightly easier, based on their skill. Personally, I do think the Padawan should be a female character...but not necessarily human. A Twi'lek might be good.

It goes without saying that an expansion should also include more MP levels, skins, and perhaps a few gameplay tweaks or additions, such as new weapons, new moves, etc. :)

Personally, I think that a new Dark Lord of the Sith should emerge, and you could play it from either side, Light (Kyle) or dark (Sith). This would allow you to experience the story from both sides.

However, a Jan&Kyle baby would also be involved in the plot somehow...

:)

i for one would prefer to play a sith apprentice. sith lord would be too cheap since he has all his powers ready and maxed out (i think), and its good to not have all powers at once since you have to learn how to use the force.

in addtion playing a sith would be something quite differnt, buth hard to implement into the storyline of jk2. but maybe this addon wont fit into the storyline like, just mots didnt

I would like to play as a young Jedi apprentice that must go through many levels of Academy Trials as well as accompanying Kyle or Luke as an apprentice during missions. That would be cool. It would have to have a great story line, AND you can choose to become a sith if you want about half way through and then join up with a new sithlord and do a 2on1 and defeat the Jedi master (kyle or luke) I wouldn't have them die, but be on the brink of destruction and then be rescued by someone else. Then after you become sith, you train abit as a sith, like you did in the beginning as a Jedi and then you go on adventures as a apprentice of sith. In the end, depending on which side you choose it can have alternate endings... OR...at the mid point, you can give up the ways of the Jedi and become a rebel pilot and finish the game as that.

If not that, I really liked the kyle's father idea.

Originally posted by Grets Sirob

I would like to see Jerec return. Although I have already said this in another post. I would like to put a link to this thread but I don't know how to do this. Can someone help me.

Death is the end of the road(Most of the time ;) )

Originally posted by Pseudonym

I would like to be Kyle's father in a prequel expansion.

And see how he died. Also see some appearences from Original JK villians like Jerec, Sarsiss, and Maw.

I really like this idea and i take back what i said in the post above...

i think a nice rebel/stormy expansion would be cool, with more fighting-based gameplay instead of jumping.

(you know, if you read the ancient jedi scrolls (that do not exist) you'll find that the primary job of a jedi was to jump around and solve puzzles. no really, it was)

I think it'd be good to play through as Tav, but as many peeps have already mentioned it would be good to use a few characters in the Expansion.

You'd use Tavion at the start. After the events of JO she's in hiding whilst struggling with her conscience and the two sides of the force. Since she's struggling with which side of the force to use you could have the JK1 bad actions=dark side/good actions=light side. She'll have to avoid the People of the New Republic (she's a baddie no?) and the Remnants (for fear of being drawn to the Dark side). Hence you'll have to play the game carefully at first, trying to avoid fights, attacking only when attacked and using you force powers to stay out of sight.

I don't know what story you could use but perhaps at the beginning she and Kyle cross paths, she asks Kyle for assistance but he declines since he doesn't feel he knows enough of the force to train. The story could then follow Tavion's struggle to control the force and to find a master/trainer (Light side/Dark side trainer would depend on the player). Perhaps she could encounter Luke or Mara to give her 'tips' :D

You could switch at various points in the game to using a Reborn adopted by the Remnant forces, seeking out Tavion. When the characters cross paths later in the game you could choose one or the other to fight with. Being a Reborn would give you a chance to be just be really Evil and kick some New Republic butt in order to find Tav. You could fight Kyle once you found out he had been in contact with her. Something would stop the fight mid-way before either of you get to dismember the other ;) Which leads to .......

Controlling Kyle as he has a change of heart and chases Tavion to assist her - he doesn't want another Dark Jedi to fight now does he :)

This could lead to an interesting showdown. Allowing you to chose a character to end the game with. Light Tav/Dark Tav (depending on actions), Reborn and Kyle. If Kyle gets to Tavion whilst shes leaning towards the light side of the force, then you could chose who gets to fight the Reborn.

But if Kyle gets to Tavion leaning towards the dark side then you could chose who gets to fight Kyle. Maybe after fending off Kyle (chances are the fight would get stopped by something again - can't kill Kyle off :D ) Tavion and the Reborn would turn against each other ;)

Without Kyle it just isn't in the spirit of the Dark Forces/ Jedi Knight series. I just don't understand why everyone wants to play as somebody else so badly? Kyle is pretty damn cool, I think so anyways. I can understand the want for mods/games that are very different from DF/JK series where you would do something such as (for example) play as a Sith, but that could NOT be an expansion that has anything to do with the DF/JK series, they could just make it a seperate mod-for sale that has nothing to do with DF/JK. I hope if there is an expansion that Kyle will be back and we can go to some new crazy places and meet new types of npcs and destroy them. Thats all. :)

1 of two people, although one of them doesn't fit into the JO:

Exar Kun: This is the one that doesn't fit into JO, playing as one of the first sith lords, but starting at apprenticeship, and moving up, this guy came before even Sidious did, so I think it would be quite fun playing as him. For info:Exar Kun

Desann: Playing from when he first goes to the academy, and then turning to the dark side while he is there, and you have to do the duel where you kill the jedi in cold blood while at the academy. And you do the entire story through HIS eyes, it would be quite fun.

If your talking about SP-mod, where you play as sith, I would definitely like it. It would be interesting to play a bad guy for a change. So it's sith apprentice for me.

heh, I was just praising the modding community for making (waiting for the SDK ?) co-op mod to fill the spot that raven left empty. Prophet, your getting my hopes up already :rolleyes:

Id say the best thing to do would be allowing the player to play the good side (a new jedi starting, kyles son or something with only a few powers and has to gain them all)

or the bad side (playing as a dark jedi apprentice with alot of powers to start off with but more difficult missions)

Allowing people to play as both a dark and good jedi would bring more people to the game.

just an idea

-DarthShade

It's gotta be a Sith Apprentice!! Come on!! That would be great with an ironic twist. The ending, you have to kill your master!!

I like your idea Captain Anarchy. Playing as Exar Kun would own.

Anyway, i reckon playing as a bad guy would be the most interesting. Like Tie Fighter.

Archived