Home

One-Hit wonder Whores

Deboze

Damnit! I just played a game with someone who would do no other moves other than the 1-hit unblockable heavy swing. Is there any way to get around this whore of a move? When I try to run behind them I mysteriously die. What's goin on? DAMN THEM!

try to get as far away from him as possible, but still being able to land a medium overhead. If they keep whoring it and you're really safe about not getting too close you will hit them eventually.

You can also try doing a heavy standing overhead, pressing it as he's in air, and turning to face him as he hits ground. The extra range of heavy stance helps stay safe. That requires some good timing though, but its worth it if you pull it off.

counter mesures:

force push: no explinations needed

roll: either away from him or under him. If you roll under him you can get the chance to attack him while he's open.

sidestep: perfect if you have light stance. side step and smake him while he's on the ground.

it's easy.

One-hit wonders are for Newbs. N00b it up, as I say. They are equivalent to the drain/heal whores and about as lame as the drain followed by grip losers. Seriously, the one-hit wonder requires no skill. The people run around hoping that someone runs into the saber AFTER the saber move has been completed and into the ground for a while. How is there any skill involved when a person constantly uses one move attempting to get lucky with it?

Im a fan of the DFA move but i dont whore it... unless im pissed off or tryng to get our flag back. Saying it requires no skill means that Guns practically shoot for themselves. Guns are the real no skill. Although i found that sniping all though looking easy is hard because of the fast pace of the game.

While it may slightly annoy me when people only use one move sometimes, I don't let it piss me off or anything like that. I find a way to work around it and that usually stops them. If you just let them DFA you every time, then you're just encouraging them to continue spammin the DFA move. Just remember that this is just a game, and we can't tell people how they are allowed to play. Unless they're cheating or utilizing some unfair disadvantage that you can't counter (that doesn't mean when you can't block it), then you can't complain. Because they are free to play however they want. But it's nothing to get all pissed off about. To me it's more annoying when people come here and spam the forums with "I hate teh n00bs and their DFA n00b moves!!!!111". Just let it be and try to remember that this is just a game, and you're letting someone halfway around the world piss you off.

One-hit wonders are for Newbs. N00b it up, as I say. They are equivalent to the drain/heal whores and about as lame as the drain followed by grip losers. Seriously, the one-hit wonder requires no skill.

wow thats the majority of a sabers/force game u listed there!

what powers/moves will you allow?

Originally posted by DannyJAllTheWay

One-hit wonders are for Newbs. N00b it up, as I say. They are equivalent to the drain/heal whores and about as lame as the drain followed by grip losers. Seriously, the one-hit wonder requires no skill. The people run around hoping that someone runs into the saber AFTER the saber move has been completed and into the ground for a while. How is there any skill involved when a person constantly uses one move attempting to get lucky with it?

If you complain about a move like this, it must almost mean that you have trouble when people use it against you, and calling them N00b's ... well ... isn't that saying that you have trouble defeating N00b's??

Same goes for people drain/griping you... why complain?

If there is no skill to it, why don't you, who are so skillful just crush that person and stop complaining?

If I use this move, I usually succeed in the first or second attempt, so its not luck. Like someone said before what takes more skill?

Hitting precise blows with the heavy stance or running around with the light/medium stance like an headless chicken?

I'm not here to bitch about light/medium stance, every knight finds his or hers own style of combat. In my opinion: No stance is better then the other, it's just a mather of prefrence.

I'm just tired of hearing people whine every time they cant win over someone, and declare there style as crap ... makes no sense to me.

I think I have done the DFA move in multiplayer about 6 times since I bought the game. I can't remember ever having missed with it those times either. The people I attacked didn't even frickin' dodge it.

AND DFA IS SO EASY TO DODGE.

YOU CAN SEE IT COMING A MILE AWAY!

When someone spams DFA against me, I think: goody, an easy kill. It takes them forever to get up afterwards which leaves you with more than enough time to kill him in return. So far I have not played against more than two people who actually pay attention to what their enemy is doing. Everyone else sort of runs around waving their saber at empty space.

STOP RUNNING!

Just stand still, look at your enemy, when he jumps towards you, you sidestep him. Don't run all the time, you'll never land a hit and your constant moving will turn the game into random saber swinging.

I have had lots of compliments about my playing style and even people who said they were placing "bets" on me in a duel server.

YET I HARDLY EVER USE GRIP/DRAIN/HEAL/GUNS/DFA/LIGHTNING.

I use the saber in MEDIUM-STANCE, push and pull. And anyone who uses only guns, only drain/grip, only DFA are totally dead against me.

If you are complaining about any of the moves I mentioned above: PRACTICE MORE. It is them being lame and you playing too retarded to beat someone with only ONE TACTIC. He uses one bloody tactic against you and you can't even find a way around it, pathetic.

Saber off in FFA = Stupid. You wanna duel? Then challenge someone to it so no-one can bother you. Or go to a duel server. It is THAT simple.

There are too many people who obviously can't play this game right and just resort to whinging instead. You think that will help? PLAY MORE JK2, that will help.

Not hard to avoid getting hit from that move, only thing that need to change is when HE or SHE hit the ground ONE SHOULDNT DIE walking over the saber as its on the GROUND!!!

thats what is annoying...........

I agree fully, tonight a guy was DFA on heavy everyone, people were real mad, I was at first but WTF it's a valid move, it took me 7 or 8 duels to learn to counter and kill, but so what, just be patient and learn, I like to run and duck when they do it, they never hit you unless you mess up, every move has it's weakness.

I hated saber duels till I practiced like 30 hours and now it's a ball, I haven't shot a gun yet, and as for force powers to counter the forward slice on heavy, WTF you don't need force powers to counter it, you'll never leaen to saber with powers, first learn to saber before you work on the powers, Just my opinion. Sure its fun to lighning grip drain but if you are a lamer at saber WTF fun is that? Might as well put away sabers and force each other to death?

this happened to me an hour ago here is a short description of the duel:

one hit move guy: DFA

me:force push

one hit move guy: hey cant we play without force??

me: if u stop doing the same move over and over again i´ll stop pushing u!!

thats what happened and i find it hilarious he stoped doing dfa and we actually had a good duel½

Originally posted by Nill the Mean

THEN DON'T WALK OVER IT! Who in his right mind would stand in front of DFA or even walk over his saber? It's like hurling yourself off a cliff or flinging yourself onto your enemies sword. It's just not the smart thing to do. SO GET SMARTER!!!

Awww, what......

I dont usely walk over it, its when he or she hit the ground i make my move, but sometimes just as they have hit the ground they move the saber around and as its on the ground u trip on it an die, its wrong!!;)

Guest HertogJan

The move is VERY easy to dodge in most cases... But that's not my problem. The problem is that it is still lethal when the trick is over! And ok, you say I should attack from the back, but hey, what if they turn around so they keep facing you?!! It's nearly impossible for me!

The only times you can hurt someone after he's done a DFA (what does it stand for, DFA?! :)) is from above.. To do the medium stance 'death from above' you have to be close and guess what; you can't come to close!

So you have to jump over them and hit down, but it's hard to land strikes on them while jumping... If Raven fixes the collision problem, it's okay with me, they can spam whatever they want... All I can do for now, is push them away or roll away, and hope that they will get tired of not hitting me...

Just wait until they're on the ground after the jump and go over and hit them. This is what I do and I only get hit by the saber in the ground a tiny amount and when they see that I'm not getting hit they usually stop doing it. I think the trick is to get a quick hit off and that seems to cancel the DFA effect. Not sure though, I may jusy be lucky... :D

Guest HertogJan
Originally posted by arctic_series

easiest way is just to sabre throw.

keep doing it and they'll never do it to you again.

dying a couple of hundred times really does teach the lamer using DFA = lamered to death by sabre throw

I fight non-force duels 90% of the time, so that isn't a good option for me... And it may be me, but they ALWAYS kill me when I try to attack from behind/the sides after a DFA...

Really, Raven should fix that hitbox/collision/whatever issue and of course fix drain and this game will be perfect!

Archived