Home

Can we do nothing...watch our games die :(

VIO

i have noticed that all the great games never get sequels. i have also noticed that much to our dismay us loyal gamers can do nothing about it all the longing in the world doesn't get game developers to make sequels. this must be fixed. i have thought of a solution, a group of gamers should get together and pay the origanal creators toi make sequels of the great games we long for in return part of the profit from the game whould go to this group. well what do you think a little far fetched but with the right people it could work

I think that Grim Fandango has ended and ended well. Look at Monkey Island now - Nobody liked the 4th game, and the storyline was ruined, making the previous 2 games seem hollow (although CMI was still thorouhly enjoyable, it would have been better as an entirely original game with similar puzzles). I would prefer completely original work instead of a sequel to a story that has already ended.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest King Andrei

Sorry for repeating myself in a spamful way all over the forum, but

I WANT A GF SEQUEL!!! I DEMAND IT!!!! LUCASARTS BE WARNED!!! YOU'RE RUINING YOUR REPUTATION!!! WHY ARE YOU IGNORING EVERYONE WHO HAS ASKED ABOUT A THOUSAND HUNDRED TIMES!!!!!

WE WANT A GF SEQUEL!! NOW!!!!!!!!

To scabb:

I think Monkey Island 4 is a great game... It's filled with humor and the graphics are better, but! I must admid, that I haven't tried anyone of the other Monkey Island games... Only seen them...

Most sequels ruins the previous games (or movies). Lucas Arts had Tim Schaffer in the GF crew. He has his own company (or something) now, BUT! IF they can get him in the GF2 crew, there would be a chance, that a GF2 could me made... But we all know, that they can't make a game as good as GF, so we probrobly would be diappointed...

But most good games gets sequels... Why not GF!?

'Cause GF is a complete story. But there are still many questions. What happend to Sal after he died (again), What happend in the 9. underworld, why think Glottis this is the best if he lives his life in The Land of the Dead. And many more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I would love to play another game that I could enjoy as much as GF, but I think it would be difficult to make a sequel. GF wraps itself up in a very good way, and I wouldn't want to rob Manny of his well deserved rest. The only way I could see a sequel happening is if it was Manny in his earlier years, when he was on top, before Dom, or if it was just about the LSA. Though I still think it would be difficult to do it well.

PS Day of the Tentacle is a sequel.

I agree GF is a completed game and all's well that ends well, but I'd still love to see more of it. I mean, it may have finished as far as the train going through, but something could still go wrong. What if the train crashed somewhere along the way? What if Meche and manny got separated after it? Who knows? As far as we know, the train went through. That doesn't mean it made it to the Ninth Underworld. I'd love to have a sequel. Lucasarts will never know how much we all would. I would be eternally grateful for more Manny, Meche, Glottis, and the others.

Archived