Home

Strong Stance users unite!

Rogue74

the only thing wrong with the heavy stance is the weird effect that makes it do full damage even if they are finished their swing on the heavy combo. (The one where you press forward+attack+jump and then again when you hit the ground, it also works in mid swing). This is not just a heavy stance issue though, the medium special also has this weird effect.

You know...I really think it'd be better if some kind of interruption system was put in. I mean, I use heavy as well as others...so I'm not really as biased as I used to be. But when someone smacks a guy twice with medium while the heavy guy is still winding up...wouldn't that cause him to at least say "ouch"? Instead he keeps swinging like nothing happened...

What I'm worried about is that because the heavy won't do 100 damage, it won't be any good against healers...which means there'll be no alternative except for draining first...which means light siders are left without an option except hitting the guy, letting him heal, and repeating until the enemy is out of mana.

Originally posted by Kurgan

What good is it if you DON'T use it to kill people constantly?

Ask yourself that... seriously.

Yeah, I just meant the people who just do the lunge throughout the entire level, it alone. :p

BTW, this was not about the bugs, duh...

Those fixes are fine, but I'm guessing from reading the hundreds of misinformed people who whine on here about the strong stance that people are emailing because they are getting beat with it (though they say that's not why, it's unbalanced...) so they want it weenified (I don't think that's a word) so that it's less lethal.

I want to make sure that it's not changed so much that it's neutered and essentially no more usefull than medium stance.

Heavy stance is the choice of the veteran, only those with experience will be able to use it and constantly make it work

Let all people complaining about heavy stance try it for themselves and maybe learn some of the finishing moves.

Let the good people of the JO team compile yet more combat animation and moves to fuel yet more gameplay.

-End :guard:

I keep hearing that. Heavy is not the choice for vets, and I say that because that means the player relies on one or two moves to dominate the board. A true veteran and experianced player is able to use all three stances, effectively, and successfully. By using the heavy stance, your proving one thing, and that is you know how to exploit a one hit kill move.

Exploit? No.. Use? Yes.

They are bugged, but exploit is a completely different word than use constantly. Whether using it constantly is bad or not is an opinion.

Adaptation is the weapon of choice of the veteran.

Originally posted by Desslock

Exploit? No.. Use? Yes.

They are bugged, but exploit is a completely different word than use constantly. Whether using it constantly is bad or not is an opinion.

Adaptation is the weapon of choice of the veteran.

It is exploited if it is spammed. If it's used in moderation, then it's merely used. I use the word 'exploit' because if you have something that you know will get you results, so you tap it, you have just exploited that resource. It is a simple concept.

And I'm glad somebody else realizes that adaptation is the stuff that vets are made off, not vanilla spam.

the heavy back + fire1 swingaround, is VERY deadly. soemthing on the order of 90-280 HP of damage. this has killed me more lightsiders then all other combos combined:D

just fyi.

the blue backstab is also quite deadly if done right...

so wraping up... if heavy is nerfed, I'll be pissed, but life go's on.

if the swingaround is nerfed, i'll be leading the mob to cheeseland myself:D j/k raven;)

I am having a vison of the forums in a few weeks. I saw some topics...

MEDIUM WHORES need to die!

Yellow is way too strong!!!111

We want red back!

WAA WAAA WAAA!!!

Yea, make the stance that takes the most points to get worse than those that take less. Makes perfect sence lol...

bah sounds good. more kills for me. :D really I am good with any of the stances, I just dont want the whiners to get a good but bugged stance(red) nerfed. just fix the cliping problem and be done with it.

on the other hand, we can hope that maybe ravens transfering the SP saber system.... *gahhhhhhh*;) maybe thats the delay? we can only hope...

heh"help me obi1, we can only hope";)

I sort of agree with Spy, the red stance damage doesn't really have to get nerfed for me, the red attacks are so slow they can be quite easily evaded when using the other two stances. What does bother me a bit, and that counts for the medium stance back attack and the DFA, is that you can get hit by those two special attacks even after they are basically finished, that I hope will get some tweaking in the upcoming patch.

As for which stance is most powerful... I guess it very much depends on the skill of the player. With red stance even very unexperienced players can get an easy kill. With Blue stance that is quite a lot more difficult but I've seen blue players which were very effective. I personally like the yellow stance best at the moment, though I'm beginning to get into the blue stance a bit more since it has such nice fast hits that make it possible to move in - hit - move out very fast.

All in all I think it's pretty well balanced.

Archived