Home

Official Beta Signup!!!

MikeC

Are you going to sign up for the beta?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to sign up for the beta?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• 3 weeks later...

Thats right. The first couple of betas will be mainly internal with a few external testers selected as well. We should all get a look see at some stage. Looking forward to seeing you all in game some time soon. (7 months until full release :eek:).

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, I signed up, unfortunately I NEVER got picked for ANY beta test of ANY game so far :(

I wish they looked at gaming experience and your knowledge about computers.. that way you can REALLY help the team...

That prevents stupid bug reports like "Uh, how come dual sabres arent working, they go trough your body, I even tried pressing alt+f4 five times like kwakkie said but that only crashed my comp"

:rolleyes:

Betatesting can be quite awful at times. Actually, of all the game's I have betatested, I've never started playing it after retail. That's the dangerous thing: being involved in the early betatesting can engrave an impression of the game being broken, boring and brutally ugly. This can take MONTHS to erase.

On the good side, though, you'll be playing the game weeks or even months before everyone else ;)

I got to beta test UO from fairly early on and must say I have a different opinion. It was great, the most fun I had in UO was before it went retail. All sorts of crazy stuff happened. After it went retail it just slid downhill faster and faster until it became unplayable.

I also beta tested Jumpgate but it was crap from day one.

Archived