Home

Should there be a separate chat-room for The Senate ?

Paragon_Leon

Should there be a chat-room for Senate-meetings or a separate forum ?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a chat-room for Senate-meetings or a separate forum ?

• A chat-room
    • A forum

The Senate is a yet-to-form board where several members, elected as 'senators', gather to write out and discuss tournaments, gaming-issues like the frequent use of certain strategies and the behavior of online gamers from the boards.

It is designed to be a place to make a working 'honour-code' when it comes to gaming, and to add a bit more fun to the process as well. Read the announcement here: http://forums.galacticbattles.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=421

for more info...

This poll is for trying to figure out if there's more animo for a chat-area or a separate forum to have the scheduled meetings..

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

done and done.

I voted forum myself; it's easier to moderate if discussions get out of hand..

True...but maybe we can have both:D

...maybe forum might be best. Switch it back please:D :angel::D

We have to have a forum...It would be easier to keep track of than a chat. Plus I don't like the chat room all that much. We can pm if we really want to chat...sorry:cool:

Guest Gamma732

Both the chatroom and the forum are good ideas. The chat would be real time, so it wouldn't be very confusing and it'd be easier for senators to follow the conversation. But the forums are, as Leon said, a lot easier to moderate and maintain an orderly discussion in. I voted forums, those should be easier and more effective in the long run.

Guest Tie Guy

No, the chat wouldn't work. First of all, everyone would have to be on at the same time, which will be difficult. Second, after you close, say goodbye to the disscussion. You need a forum so that other people besides the senate can read it. And, if you are a senator and come late, you can easily catch up reading, something you can't do in a chatroom.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

No, the chat wouldn't work. First of all, everyone would have to be on at the same time, which will be difficult. Second, after you close, say goodbye to the disscussion. You need a forum so that other people besides the senate can read it. And, if you are a senator and come late, you can easily catch up reading, something you can't do in a chatroom.

I voted Forum for the same reason Tie did. In a Chat room if you come late you can't see what people have said before you, plus with the chat room we have now if you scroll up to look at what someone said, you can't scroll back down....isn't that right Tie? ;)

Guest trade fed fred

we should have both a chat room just to share ideas nothing oficial, but a forum should be used for the meetings and stuff they do. :cool:

Forum ... I don't like chtrooms very much. They require too much attention.

With a forum, I can do other stuff at the same time. With a chat (especially a busy chat) you can't focus on something else.

And ... Forums can hold page long opinions, while chatrooms contain one-liners

Archived