Home

JK2 Radiant FAQ

Hubris

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey everyone, i've got a prob converting a map 2 sp, could i get some help? here's the specifics:

SP

Type: Ladder

Editor: jkIIradiant

Map: Carbonite Crusher by Vitigis

------------------------

i wanna make a sp ladder, basically the same as the original ladder, just in the Carbonite Crusher map by Vitigis. The original map is a duel. i want 2 know how i can convert it 2 single player. also, i can't even open the map in jkIIradiant. could someone tell me how? i think after i've taken care of those 2 probs, i can handle the rest....i hope. it isn't that hard 2 place the npc spawners is it? thanx

p.s. as of now i plan 2 use this 4 my own personal use since i do not yet have permission 2 us Vitigis map 4 my credit and re-distribute it. but maybe if ppl would like to c this distributed i could ask...

Anyone know how to fix this error :

WARNING : GeneratePermanentShader MAX_SHADERS (1024) hit (overflowed by 1,2,3,4,5,etc)

RE_AddPolyToScene Null Poly Shader

This only occurs if I compile with lighting. I have adjusted the size of the lightgrid as well as my map was too big.

I have tried removing textures and shaders but it doesn't help. If this is the case, how do I find out how many I must remove.

Thanks a lot

Zeus

Yeah i started my 1st map and i can test it and all it works great,heres a pitcure (i think you have to copy paste it i dont know why but my link button dont work sry =( )

http://www.geocities.com/xtremekilla2002/map.txt

http://www.geocities.com/xtremekilla2002/map2.txt

Now my map is just like i expected only the terrain you see is like ice,how can i change this to normal ?

Plz help,

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Darkside53

After I have finished my map I go to compile it and it only takes 1 second so I know its not working can someone please help me!!! :lurkblast

I had this problem too for a short while. There is no solution to fix it. (beleive me, I bumped my post for a bout 2 weeks and no one had an answer)

Just select all of the brushes on your map, copy them, and paste them into a new map, and make sure that they are in a new location. (if a wall was on the points 1,1 put it on 50, 50 or something)

That should get your compile going. Sorry, it's a pain to copy all the brushes, but its the only solution at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, not really. :)

As I wrote: there is a BSP menu in Radiant. Select 'bsp FullVis' when your map is loaded into Radiant (wichever Radiant you use). It will start a compile process. bsp FullVis has three parts: BSP, VIS and LIGHT. While compiling, you can see a command prompt window. After the compiling you can find a junk.txt in your TEMP folder, wich is mostly C:\TEMP or C:\WINDWS\TEMP in Win98. Anyway, you can search for it. :)

Open that, and if you see error messages BEFORE the VIS process then something is wrong with your map. You can find a sticky thread about compiling errors started by monsoontide.

I recommend you to read Rich Diesal's tutorials which is for the very beginners like I was.

You are using GTKRadiant, aren't you? If you do, you have to go to File \ Project Setting and change the mapping mode to MP mapping mode, restart Rediant, change it back to SP mapping mode and restart radiant.

I don't know why GTK starts with SP setting but using MP setting in real aftter install. :confused:

if you can see lots on NPCs in the NPC menu, that's another problem. In the next release of GTKRadiant (1.2.11) it will be cured like the Textures menu. So in this case I use JK2Radiant to put NPC in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You need to save the map in GameData/base/maps// When you compile, that's where the .bsp should be.

If you're talking about in game, then you need to bring down the console and type:

sv_pure 0

devmap *yourmap*

For compile taking 1 second, that happened to me when I ran out of memory. Re-booting should do it.

Archived