Home

Official JK2 1.03 Patch Thread!

digl

i played with goul 2 before, but the blocking is crazy. i dunno if its bad or good, its crazy though. its too bad that they can't do the patch patch, it wouldn't take long, methinks

btw, i have jk1, and i did play it again for a while right before jk2 came out. also, the trick to avoiding the pull BS is side kicking the attacker

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of my favorite servers that I know for fact that use Ghoul2/FirstSabersTrace are

**IIRockyMountain JKO1.3x [sG]NF Duel II**

and

**|| GATEWAY TO THE WEST JKO1.03x||**

Both them are run by very friendly, yet very competitive hosts. The Gateway one is down at the time due to a server upgrade. its being upgraded from my understanding to 1.5 mb download, 256 upload.. Was originally 768 kbs d/l, 128kbs u/l. and the people that are regulars there all say that the servers are ones they like the most, or praise the most, because the admins of the servers though friendly, do have server messages that say that excessive kicking/ass fighting will be grounds for banning. and they aren't kidding around. the Gateway host, who tends to use the Tyrion skin from Absath and BloodRiot, is a tough cookie. but he makes the server very enjoyable for everyone.. if someone is ruining it, he steps in immediately, and solves the problem. if the server is pinging badly, he fixes it. and the Rocky Mountain... No complaints here... Just praise. the admin is very nice, very easy to get along with, and very good at a duel. well, enough of me praising my favorite servers, but if you are looking for 2 servers that have ghoul 2 enabled, along with dismember and sabertracesfirst on, those are the two to go to.. and I just have to throw this out, they are constantly adding new skins, so don't worry, when a skin/model/map comes out, they are one of the first to grab it... well, this Andy867 out.

there is only one 1.03 patch, but there is differant settings like cg_blablabalh that people use. theres also the U104 mod. the 1.03a thing i'm not quite sure something to do with servers and sdk, whatever sdk means. so if you see like 1.03x or something its probly cause they have goul2 on and stuff

About ghoul - it enables blocking for specials yes... but backstab is still as vicious as it always was, due to the bugs in all the backstabs. I don't like to exploit the bugs and don't want to post it all over the forums, so Im not going to. Anyways, all the ghoul setting does is raise your blocking, and does not render the backsab/swing useless or unusable. Its good for the noobies out there tho, since they get a chance to actually fight.

Anyways... is there anything out stating that there might be the possibility of a 1.04 patch?

Saber battles are fun and all, but I'd like to suggest some new Ideas to them. Like choices of actual fighting styles [ie. one handed, saber behind, saber overhead stance, and so on]. ;)

Hi there.

I am frankly quite dissapointed in the 1.3 patch. No sorry, not dissapointed but disgusted. Floating down cliffs with the light stance forward lunge seems to be a vital tool for saving health these days and looks bloody ridiculous. Its the worst unfixed error in the 1.3 build of the game and allows forward lunging just before landing every jump. Forward lunge should only work if you are on the floor, not when your about to land from a jump. Also the spinning backstab bull crap was another error missed before the release of the 1.3 patch. Such obvious errors are being left out. I think playtesting a patch is important. You dont want to be making more patches just because you missed something out the last one. Back stab should stand still unable to move while executing the move.

When are we due for another patch because i dont want to be stuck with 1.3 much longer. Even the community are doing there bit to save the games disasters, why arnt the games/publishers doing their bit

Originally posted by ryudom

there is only one 1.03 patch, but there is differant settings like cg_blablabalh that people use. theres also the U104 mod. the 1.03a thing i'm not quite sure something to do with servers and sdk, whatever sdk means. so if you see like 1.03x or something its probly cause they have goul2 on and stuff

SDK is something to do with source code (sorry Im not sure what the abbreviation is either)

1.03 is the most recent client (your PC) patch to be released.

1.03a is the last dedicated server to be released.

When raven released the source code it was more up to date than the recent patches so people compiled it and released mods using the code in effect creating unofficial patches that still allow you to play on normal 1.03 servers.

u1.04 was one of these mods, it needs to be installed on your machine and the sever.

1.03a+ is the other one, it only needs to be on the server and it therefore my prefered version at the moment. It also nerfs kick and throw(dunno if that was needed)

both mods based on the source code fix bugs like lunge floating (lunge cannot be done mid air at all), cause backstab/swing to do less damage and make ghoul2 blocking the default.

I'd really like to see 1.03a+ become the norm, so all the server admins out there please use it :)

Archived