Home

SP Saber Colour: The Definitive Guide!

AKPiggott

Maybe a most easiest way to change saber color is to create autoexec.cfg under gamedata folder with following line:

bind 1 "helpusobi 1; sabercolor red; weapon 1; helpusobi 0"

You can also create autoexec.cfg under your mod folder and it will be executed automaticly when you load your mod

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any way to make the default lightsaber white? I know there are multiplayer mods to do this, but I would like a white lightsaber in single-player to load up automatically. This has to be possible. Help is greatly appreciated.

You would have to install a replacement saber that is white [there's one that is silverish, which replaces yellow... it comes alone or with the Keiran Halcyon model]. Put that pk3 in your base directory, and just use sabercolor yellow in whichever script you chose to use.

You people don't seem to understand, or maybe you were just lazy and didn't read the whole thing.

AK's method is for modders who are making new SP levels and want the saber color to change WITHOUT having the user enter any commands or mess up the player's original config files.

Hey, a semi-related question:

I want to make "g_AIsurrender 1" and "g_knockback 750" always active in singleplayer.

(pref have it load with my little tweaked gameplay mod)

Is there a way to get them entered automaticaly or do i have to bind it to a key?

Well actualy PerseJames said something about that but it didnt seem to work...perhaps i did it wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Emon

I think I found a big problem with this technique. If you die and hit fire to respawn, your saber is blue again...

Yeah.. I noticed that.. can be easily fixed by adding a "save" console command in the gamestart.cfg...

I think the best solution would be a starting checkpoint, so when you click it loads from that checkpoint save. Also what you could do is put this in the gamestart.cfg

seta saberfix "HelpUsObi 1; Sabercolor Color; HelpUsObi 0;"

Then in the readme point out that if your saber ever gets messed up, you can just enter vstr saberfix in the console and it fixes it for you. *Shrug* Checkpoints are better... both would be good.

Yup!

Also, the two MENU files for ingame and out of game options have a remmed out feature for dismember probabilities. I re-added it, and placed it in the correct spot. All it does is cycle the g_dismemberprobability cvar. 2 is none, 1 is normal, 0 is excessive. Excessive gets you decapitation and gut splitters, too. I'll e-mail you the MENU files if you'd like.

Oh, I also have an autoexec.cfg (gamestart works too) for seta g_dismemberprobabilities 0 so it defaults.

Okay... um.. forgive me if this sounds like a total n00b question (since it probably is but this seemed like the best place to find out reliable information).

First off, does changing lightsaber color effect the outcome of the game? Like, if I beat the game with a purple lightsaber, is the ending going to come out different? I know it is kind of considered cheating...

Archived