Home

Energy wall solved for duel of fates?

Tarus

I know that about 300 people are making the duel of fates map and all of them seem to get stuck at the energy seperators that blocked obi-wan.

I can not remember the details on how they opened but I think I may have a work around. Bar in mind ive had no experience with mapping since Duke3d so I may not even know what im talking about ;)

Basicly in Jedi knight you can make doors that open up or down. What if you made a door out of the energy beam that opens up and down so fast you can't tell that its opening up or down. What you would do is simply have thin "beams" flying into the roof and comming down to give hte appearence as though the energy is rotating the way it needs to be. If you did these thin beams and did a good job I would think you could get the rotational appearence that is needed.

Just a thought.

I've had no experience with func_trains but how about this.

Create a hidden room in your map, doesnt matter what it looks like, just make it a box and make sure theres no way it can be seen or gotten into (just make sure theres no doors and its not attached to the map). Put a func_train brush that goes slowly around that room. As it goes round it hits a trigger that activates the beams. This is all dependant on a func_train brush being able to actually trigger something tho and I have no idea if that is possible :) For alternate timing make 2 func_trains, one that follows the other at a certain distance so for instance, the beams come on every 30 secs but are switched off after 10 by the second train, or whatever effect your after.

Just a thought and I could be way off, like I said, I have no experience with func_trains so ............

Originally posted by pF.VoOdoO

I've had no experience with func_trains but how about this.

Create a hidden room in your map, doesnt matter what it looks like, just make it a box and make sure theres no way it can be seen or gotten into (just make sure theres no doors and its not attached to the map). Put a func_train brush that goes slowly around that room. As it goes round it hits a trigger that activates the beams. This is all dependant on a func_train brush being able to actually trigger something tho and I have no idea if that is possible :) For alternate timing make 2 func_trains, one that follows the other at a certain distance so for instance, the beams come on every 30 secs but are switched off after 10 by the second train, or whatever effect your after.

Just a thought and I could be way off, like I said, I have no experience with func_trains so ............

wouldn't it be much easier to use func_timer's for that?

Archived